- For the machine found in classrooms, see Baldi's Math Machine.
The player needs to stand in front of the machine, press the interact key/button with a Quarter selected, and they will purchase an item. When the stock is out, a sign will display on the machine that reads "Out of goodnes".
In the current version of Baldi's Basics Plus, each vending machine only has one item because it will become out of stock once a Quarter is inserted into it.
All vending machines are entirely 3D models with a cuboid shape. They come in three types.
It is a soda machine containing a BSODA item. The machine overall has bluish colored-tints and white "BSODA" text.
The machine that grants an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar. It has an orange gradient on a rectangular prism, the "ZESTY" text on the top, the "BAR" text on the bottom, and the Energy Flavored Zesty Bar's icon on the middle.
In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, there is a special type of vending machine called Crazy Item machines. They are BSODA machines and Zesty machines with a poster saying "GET A CRAZY ITEM!" text poorly placed over the original machine labels. The poster on the BSODA machine is slightly more stretched out than the one on the Zesty machine.
The machines give random inventory items, except for the Quarter, unlike the other two machines which give only specific items. Replacing both usual vending machines in this game, the Crazy Item machines can be found in almost every location of the Schoolhouse.
- In the Speedy Challenge, both types are found. There are one BSODA machine and three Zesty machines.
- In the Grapple Challenge, only one BSODA machine can be found.
- Both sorts of vending machines are absent in the Stealthy Challenge.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, the BSODA machine can be found in one of the hallways (next to the door on the left of the faculty room with Baldi's Least Favorite Tape) and the cafeteria. The Zesty machine is located in one of the faculty rooms with the Principal's Keys, the Big Ol' Boots poster, and the WD-NoSquee item.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, a Zesty machine and a single BSODA machine are found in a hallway alongside a faculty room with a Quarter and the Principal's Keys. Another Zesty machine is found outside of the Principal's office, however, it can be interacted with from the inside of the office.
- In Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo, the BSODA machine in the Speedy Challenge will disappear once the player inserts a Quarter into it.
- It is possible to purchase the item from behind the vending machine and from the sides.
- The sign that appeared when the machine is out of stock was first considered in Basically, Games!'s itch.io comment. This was then first featured in Baldi's Basics Plus V0.3.
- Prior to this update, each vending machine usually had an infinite amount of items inside, likely making the game easier for the player (if they have a lot of Quarters).
- Prior to Baldi's Basics Plus V0.3.3, this sign did not display in pre-generated maps such as Endless Mode's Medium option and in challenges.
- The word "goodness" in the sign when the vending machine is out of stock is misspelled as "goodnes".
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- "I wanted to limit it to only one BSODA (When testing I found it to be too easy with infinite BSODAs since there are some really long hallways in the level) so as a quick fix I just made it disappear. I'll eventually have an "out of stock" sign or something appear on empty vending machines." - Basically Games' comment on Version 1.0 bug reports post
|About page • Category|