- "Test" redirects here. For other uses, see Test (disambiguation).
The Test's head is a strange, floating, bald human-like CGI head with an extended neck ended with what appears to be a prism shape. Its facial features only sport small, pupil-less white eyeballs and an open red square-shaped mouth. This head mildly resembles the overall shape of a light bulb.
The Test's body wears a darker green shirt and black pants. The Test also wears dark brown/yellow sleeves, flat white shoes, and white-gloved hands with four fingers.
The Test will rarely spawn in the hallways at random. When the Player enters The Test's line of sight, The Test will produce an unusual and weird humming noise, the lights will flicker around him and all other characters will stop in place. These effects cease as soon as the Player exits his line of sight.
When he sees the Player for the first time, he will begin a 5-second countdown, during which he is unable to move (aside from turning his head to constantly look at the Player). During the countdown, his head will also slowly move upwards until it is in its intended position. Once this 5-second countdown is over, The Test will gain the ability to move. He will only move while the Player is not looking at him, and while the Player is still in The Test's line of sight. However, he moves 20 to 200 times faster than any other character, meaning that if the Player looks away for even a split second while still in The Test's line of sight, they will be caught almost instantly.
If The Test makes contact with the Player while the Player is not looking at him, his body will disappear, leaving only his head behind. Then, for the next 2 minutes, the Player is "blinded", covering most of the school with a black mist. This "blind" effect is similar to the fog event, except it is much stronger and it does not allow the Player to see silhouettes of faraway objects. It also only affects the Player, meaning other characters such as Baldi can still see normally.
Once this effect is over, The Test's body will reappear in the same location that his head was previously at, and the process will repeat from the beginning. Unlike Arts and Crafters, there is no limit to how many times the Player can be blinded by The Test in a single game.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, The Test's head is located in one of the Glitched School. To find it, go to the circled hall that starts with the cookie comic wall from the left-sided hall, and walk pass through another straight hall where the door to the Classroom with Playtime sprites is found. After walking through this hall and another corridor, The Test should be found floating in the middle of the fourth corridor. The fifth and last hallway of the circled corridor after The Test ends at the "transparent" wall, back where the cookie comic is first witnessed. This character looks straight at the Player, no matter what camera view the Player faces.
- From the early access trailer where The Test's full body was shown, his head seems smaller than the body, as well as lacking arms and shoes. His shirt seems to also be a more light-olive like color.
- Judging by its former name, TestDithered, it was likely a test for the dithering effect used on the characters.
- The dithering effect used on this character is similar to PlaceFace. However, the Bayer dithering style is used for The Test, while the Floyd–Steinberg dithering style is used for PlaceFace.
- The sound The Test makes when the Player is in his sight is the same sound from the game's early access trailer at the part where the trademark logo is about to show up; albeit slowed down.
- The Test is the second character that is able to be viewed from a 360° angle, with the first being 1st Prize. However, The Test's head does not count.
- Some Endless Mode seeds that contain The Test are:
- The filename for The Test's body sprite is referred as "
OhNo", the same phrase used in the filename for the classic edition's, 99 jumpscare sound and Arts and Crafters' attack sprite.
- mystman12 had previously stated that he would like to add a character to Baldi's Basics Plus which only moves when not looked at. This character later turned out to be The Test.
- There is a bug on the Mac version where The Test's fog is white like the fog event, instead of black.
- The loop effect of the blind effect resembles the Creepy Old Computer soundtrack.
- So far, It's a Bully, Chalkles and The Test are the only characters not to visit the party event.
- The Test is also one of the two characters that cannot be tricked by the Faculty Nametag, the other being Baldi.
|*Humming noise*||When The Test spots the Player for the first time.|
|When The Test spots the Player again.|
|Loop that plays while the Player is in The Test's line of sight.|
|The "blind" effect being activated.|
|Loop that plays while the Player is blinded.|
|List: About Page • Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters • Comic-Exclusive Characters • Category|