- 1 Purpose
- 2 Common Textures
- 3 Unique Textures
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
The main purpose of textures is for environmental decoration.
There are four common wall textures found all-around the Super Schoolhouse. The regular white brick wall texture, the wooden "saloon" wall, the wall with molding texture and the green placeholder texture. In the classic Schoolhouse and Field Trip demo, the only type is the regular white brick wall, and it has different sprite base.
- For levels of the Super Schoolhouse, see Floor.
There are six different floor textures in the Super Schoolhouse. There are the "tile" floor texture, the "actual tile" texture, the "basic" checkered floor, the carpet texture, the grass texture and the red placeholder texture. In the classic Schoolhouse and the demos, "actual tile", "basic" and placeholder textures are not implemented.
There are three different ceiling textures in the Super Schoolhouse. In the classic Schoolhouse and the demos, there is only regular ceiling texture with the light texture.
- Main article: Poster
Poster textures can be found over the walls in both the Schoolhouse and Super Schoolhouse. Some of them show a hint for the gameplay.
There are currently only two different window textures. In the classic Schoolhouse, it is in a rectangle shape with wooden bars resembling a cross. In the Super Schoolhouse, it is in a slight higher rectangle with woods on each side and bars not resembling a cross.
These types of walls are miscellaneous walls that are meant to tell messages or just for decoration.
In Field Trip demo: Camping, two duplicated "The demo ends here" walls are located in both ends of the demo's beginning location. Towards the left, it will display four end signs when walking through the first. They have no purposes other than leading to Principal of the Thing's Easter egg.
The weird message, also referred to as
txt_inspiration, is discovered in the glitched school in Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash. It is a poster with different colored (green, red, and blue) font text in all caps, reading out the following:
With red words only, the message menacingly reads out as "YOU WILL, NEVER! LEAVE".
This texture wall can be also found in the Super Schoolhouse, but only on floor 3.
The balloon wall is found from the glitched school, exclusively in Birthday Bash. The wall tells the player to count the balloons (
SpoopBalloons) and input the right numbers before accessing the secret location.
A weird hand-drawn poster is a simple sketch of a man's face. In the classic Schoolhouse, it is located in a hallway with Gotta Sweep's closet. In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, it is located in the classroom with the WD-NoSquee. In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, it can randomly be located anywhere. It was drawn far before the development of Baldi's Basics Classic.
A weirder distorted image of a character resembling Baldi (but with a turquoise shirt and a large malformed cranium) in Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash will appear randomly around the walls in a large growing number after accessing the secret room.
0th Prize's wall image is found at the end of one of the hallways within the glitched school from Birthday Bash.
It is possible to move the confetti textures by walking towards them. This can be done after using the Teleportation Teleporter to teleport back to the first floor areas.
In the farm field trip, there are a bunch of corn sprites for the corn maze's wall textures and also a ground texture.
- The original wall, ceiling, and ground textures are very similar to the stone brick, diorite, and sand textures from Minecraft.
- The textures of the white brick wall, the "plastic table" ceiling and the "basic" checkered ground are very similar to Sonic's Schoolhouse.
- The window from the Super Schoolhouse bears a striking similar shape to Microsoft Windows' first early trademark made since 1985.
- The blue (ceiling), red (floor), and green (wall) placeholder textures previously used for Development Build as placeholders are found in the files for Full Game Early Demo. They are later used for Gotta Sweep's closet since Kickstarter Exclusive Demo and debug room since Baldi's Basics Plus.
- When zoomed in, the grass texture appears to be a picture of rotini noodles, however it is colored green and distorted to make it look like actual grass.
- In the trailer for Baldi's Basics Plus early access, one shot showed walls, ceilings, and floors being multiple colors, another shot showed Baldi heads appearing on the walls, and another shot showing some of the basic textures being the same as that of the debug room.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- The "plastic table" ceiling texture is also used on the round table.
- When looking at the menu screen with Unity project, the weird message texture is located outside.
- While the "what" poster can be seen in the trailer of the Baldi's Basics Plus early access, it has yet to appear anywhere in the current version of the game.
- There is a missing letter in the filename of the placeholder ceiling texture. The word "ceiling" is misspelled as "celing".
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- The confetti that falls from the cafeteria ceiling is actually solid and has collision, allowing the player to walk on it, sometimes gaining a lot of height before the confetti falls back down.
- On the
DSCI_0000texture, the colored statics (blue from the top, and green at the bottom) for the mysterious, large-brained, Baldi-like figure's image appears to corresponds the shirt color for another Baldi-like character (from the pirated Kickstarter exclusive demo and the corrupted save file) and Baldi himself respectively. This comparison strongly gives evidence that there are two different hidden entities with relations to Baldi.
- Two statics also appear to symbolize two colors for mixing into turquoise, the same color for the big-brained Baldi figure's shirt.
- Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping
- The wooden fences share the same texture for the "NO" signs from the camping field trip.
- Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo
- When the player moves, the corn texture will grow until the player stops moving.
- At the edge of the corn maze in the farm field trip, the grass texture is used, but it has been stretched.
- "The weird hand-drawn poster and the comic were created beforehand." - Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning by mystman12 for Meta Game Jam | itch.io