- For other uses, see Door (disambiguation).
The Swinging Door Lock is a photo-realistic lock with silvery-tinted colors and a somewhat rectangular yellow sticker.
Its only use is to lock any swinging door in the Schoolhouse or Super Schoolhouse, hence the name. It prevents any character, including the player, from getting through the door from either side. When the Swinging Door Lock is applied to the door, Baldi and the other characters who are trying to get to the player will try to find another way to them. The Swinging Door Lock can only stay on the swinging door for 30 seconds, but for the player, it is most useful if they have more notebooks and they are running away from Baldi, unless he finds a shortcut to the player.
- Endless Mode - Medium
- In the Grapple Challenge, there are five Swinging Door Lock items in each faculty room.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, only one Swinging Door Lock is found in the faculty room with a giant globe and a "Lore" chalkboard. However, the item lasts for only 15 seconds when used.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, the Swinging Door Lock can randomly be found in either presents or Crazy Item machines. Like in Classic, it also lasts for only 15 seconds when used.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the Swinging Door Lock is located in the faculty room where the button used to rotate the roto-hall is found.
- The Swinging Door Lock probably looks similar to an old English padlock.
- If the player locks a swinging door while being pursued by Baldi (assuming he is on the other side), when he begins to move down a different route, if the player doesn't make any sounds after the Swinging Door Lock expires, Baldi will continue his current path, despite the new (shorter) one opening up. However, Baldi will still chase the player through the shortcut if they are seen after it expires.
- Baldi's Basics Classic/Birthday Bash
- The item's name is "Yellow Door Lock" possibly due to fact that the swinging doors are yellow.
- For some reason, getting out-of-bounds before collecting 2 notebooks reveals that one swinging door at that time has a Swinging Door Lock in the dark hallway. This may mean that the three swinging doors near where the player starts were originally going to have the lock texture if the player had collected less than 2 notebooks.
- Strangely enough, by inserting a Swinging Door Lock into the player's inventory (using hacks) before obtaining the 2nd notebook, it can be used on any swinging door except that one door.
- If the Swinging Door Lock was used on any swinging door except the already locked door before collecting 2 notebooks, it will stay on that door until 2 notebooks are collected, further proving this theory.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Rarely, the lock image on the swinging door does not appear even if using this item.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In V1.4, there is a glitch that caused the three swinging doors in the starting hallway to be unlockable. This was fixed in V1.4.1.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Classic/Birthday Bash
|About page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee