|“||Eat one of these and get a boost of energy! Fills up your stamina more than you can just by taking a rest!||”|
— Energy Flavored Zesty Bar's description, Johnny's Store
The Staminometer is a display to show how much stamina is left. It has a red to green gradient background and there is a blue needle that shows the amount of stamina left. It is located at the bottom left of the screen as a heads-up display.
When the player runs by holding the "Run" key (Left shift by default), the stamina meter's arrow will move to the left. There are six ways to recharge stamina:
- Stopping and waiting for several seconds.
- Eating an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar.
- Collecting a notebook.
- Playing jump rope with Playtime.
- Walking around or standing still in the playground. (Running here does not recharge nor drop the stamina.)
- Drinking from the water fountain.
However, if the player is running while they are in Principal of the Thing's sight (except in the playground and Principal's office), he will scold them for breaking one of the school rules, so caution should be taken while running.
If the Staminometer's needle is located at the left and covering half of the needle, the player will not be able to run, making them vulnerable to Baldi. Also, when the player eats an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar, the needle cannot be seen. It will slowly move to the left while they are using stamina.
The stamina meter is located on the top center and when it runs out, a warning (YOU NEED REST!) will display at the bottom of the meter.
- Even though the player plays jump rope, which would seemingly and logically consume energy, the player actually recharges stamina while they are playing Playtime's minigame. This might be due to the fact that the player is standing still when they play jump rope, and the developer did not program the jumping to decrease stamina.
- It may also be due to the fact that because the player is standing still and is vulnerable to Baldi, the stamina recharges to allow the player to run away from Baldi if he is close by once the player had finished Playtime's jump rope minigame. This would keep the game fair.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- mystman12 tried to fix the glitch that the stamina did not recharge in the blue locker in V0.1.4, but since another glitch occurred, the blue locker issue was left unfixed after fixing the new glitch. It was later fixed in V0.1.5 along with a similar glitch while teleporting or getting sucked in the whirlpool.
- Before the V0.2 update, the stamina did not have the "STAMINOMETER" texture and it was only a plain bar.
- Prior to V0.3, it allowed the player to collect logs quickly and bring them to the campfire before it dies out in the camping field trip.
- Prior to V0.3.5, the stamina was featured as green or red bar. The red part of the bar meant depleted stamina.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- The stamina GUI moves outside the hallway where the player sees the splash screen, along with the inventory and the notebook counter. This can only be seen when using noclip hacks.
- The stamina was changed three times via update patches:
- The "YOU NEED REST!" warning was a bit different: The font was non-pixelated, colored in black instead of red, and would flash rapidly. Also, if the player was out of stamina, it would recharge after standing still for 3 seconds. Both were later tweaked in V1.1.
- The player would slow down when they ran out of stamina. In V1.3, this has been changed, so that the player will still move at walking speed.
- The stamina meter was located at the bottom left of the screen. In V1.4, the meter is moved to the top center.
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- While the player is on the elevator-like platform, the stamina will not be refilled until they blow out the fire on the cake's candle. Pressing the "Run" key will reduce the stamina in that case.
- In V1.0, the stamina meter appeared to be much smaller than in the current version and other games.
Stamina now recharges while inside lockersOkay so this is embarrassing... I fixed this, and then this introduced another bug, so I fixed that, which ultimately... Unfixed this and I didn't realize it until after I released the update. OOPS! Expect this to be fixed in the next update." - Version 0.1.4 Changelog
|Inventory • Item counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Control • Option • Save system|
|Credits • Game over • Map • Pause menu • Other screens|
|Score points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Ambience • Captions • Lives • Red lights • School rules|
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|