|“||Eat one of these and get a boost of energy! Fills up your stamina more than you can just by taking a rest!||”|
— Energy Flavored Zesty Bar's description, Johnny's Store
Throughout the game, the player needs to keep constant watch of their stamina meter, located at the bottom left of the screen. When the player runs by holding "Run" key (left shift key by default) as a heads-up display, the stamina meter begins to drop. There are six ways to recharge stamina, which are:
- Stopping and waiting.
- Eating an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar.
- Collecting a notebook.
- Playing jump rope game with Playtime.
- Walking around or standing in the playground (Running here does not recharge nor drop the stamina).
- Drinking water from the water fountain.
However, it should be noted that running near Principal of the Thing (except in the playground and Principal's office) will land the player in detention, so caution should be taken while running. If the stamina meter has run out, the player will not be able to run, making them easier for Baldi to catch.
The stamina is located on the top center and when it has run out, there is a warning "YOU NEED REST!" at the bottom of the meter.
- Even though Playtime's game is jumping rope, which would seemingly consume energy, the player actually recharges stamina while they are in the minigame. This might be due to the fact that the player is standing still when they do the jump rope, and the developer did not program the jumping to use stamina.
- It may also be due to the fact that because the player is standing still and is vulnerable to Baldi, that stamina recharges to allow the player to run away from Baldi if he is close by once the player had finished Playtime's jump rope game. This would keep the game fair.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- mystman12 tried to fix the glitch that the stamina did not recharge in the blue locker in V0.1.4, but since another glitch occurred, the locker issue was left unfixed after fixing the new glitch. It was later fixed in the next update along with similar glitch while teleporting or sucked in the whirlpool.
- Before the V0.2 update, the stamina did not have the "STAMINOMETER" texture and it was only a plain bar.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- The stamina GUI moves outside the hallway where the player sees the splash screen, along with the item GUI, and the notebooks GUI. This can only be seen with hacks.
- The stamina was changed over three times via update patches:
- The "YOU NEED REST!" warning was a bit different: The font was non-pixelated, colored in black instead of red, and would flash rapidly. There was also a bug when the player was out of stamina, it would recharge after standing still for 3 seconds. Both were later tweaked in V1.1.
- The player would slow down when they ran out of stamina. In V1.3, this has been removed, which means that the player will still move at the same speed as walking.
- The stamina meter was located at the bottom left of the screen. In V1.4 update, the meter is now moved to the top center.
- Prior to V1.1, the stamina appeared to be much smaller than in the current version and other games. It allows the player to quickly collect logs and bring it to the campfire before it dies out.
Stamina now recharges while inside lockersOkay so this is embarrassing... I fixed this, and then this introduced another bug, so I fixed that, which ultimately... Unfixed this and I didn't realize it until after I released the update. OOPS! Expect this to be fixed in the next update." - Version 0.1.4 Changelog
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Control • Option • Save System|
|Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Ambience • Lives • Red Lights • School Rules • Subtitles|
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|