Seeds are the mechanism used to randomly generate floors.
A seed is a random string of numbers used in level-generating algorithms to procedurally generate and create each floor in Baldi's Basics Plus. After completing the Hide-and-Seek mode once, the Player can choose to put in a specific seed or leave it blank to generate a random one. In Endless Mode's random option, the custom seed is available regardless of completing Hide-and-Seek.
Level-Building Algorithm Codes
- CafeteriaCreator (@0200015C)
- ClassBuilder (@02000072)
- FacultyBuilderStandard (@02000079)
- HallBuilder (@02000106)
- PlaygroundSpecialRoom (@02000161)
- MysteryRoom (@0200003A)
- The seed for the Stealthy Challenge is listed as 99 in Challenges Demo.
- The concept of randomly-generated floors was inspired by the Sega game ToeJam & Earl.
- There are exactly 4,294,967,231 possible seeds.
- Prior to the V0.1.1 update of Baldi's Basics Plus, it was possible to enter the seed number lower than
-2147483615and higher than
- Some seeds generate a Debug Room. Its color on the map is black like the Library prior to the V1.2 in Kickstarter Exclusive Demo.