Seeds are a mechanism used to randomly generate floors.
A seed is a random string of numbers used in level-generating algorithms to procedurally generate and create each floor in Baldi's Basics Plus. After completing the Hide-and-Seek mode once, the player can put in a specific seed after pressing the "Seed: Random" text to remove the "Random" text, then inputting a seed number between
2147483615. In Endless Mode - Random, the player can input a custom seed, regardless of completing Hide-and-Seek.
Level-building algorithm codes
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Even though pre-made maps such as Endless Mode - Medium and Challenge Mode always have same map, the seeds are still different.
- There are exactly 4,294,967,231 possible seeds.
- Some seeds generate debug rooms if there is no proper space to generate classrooms. Their color on the map is black like the library prior to V1.2 in Kickstarter Exclusive Demo.
- In the current version, it is impossible to paste copied seed in the custom seed input.
- Prior to V0.1.1, it was possible to enter a seed number lower than
-2147483615and higher than
- Prior to V0.1.3, playing the game with the seed
-would crash the game, but since this version, it will generate a random seed.
- In V0.3.4, only one seed (
1243259247) was found that seems to be impossible to beat as there was no way to exit the cafeteria in this seed unless using Dangerous Teleporters. However, there was one swinging door, but it collided with another faculty door. It could be a bug that causes the map to generate improperly.
- Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo