|“||Remember kids: Safety scissors are great for cutting: Paper; Jumpropes; Wiring; Homework||”|
— Poster description
Safety Scissors are a pair of magenta scissors with symmetrical circular finger holes and oval-shaped plastic blades similar to actual safety scissors.
There is a poster that explains what the Safety Scissors do, saying that they are used to cut paper, jump ropes, wiring, and homework. Currently, the item can be used in three ways by cutting:
- Playtime's rope and skip her mini-game. When the scissors are used on Playtime's skipping rope, her smile will turn into a frown. She will then say "Oh! That makes me sad!" and she won't be able to play with the Player for 15 seconds.
- 1st Prize's wires to cause him to malfunction and spin for 15 seconds which prevents him from pushing the Player.
- Beans' bubble gum to get out of it faster.
Safety Scissors should typically be used on Playtime due to her being a large obstacle - although it's also a good idea to use them on 1st Prize and Beans when absolutely necessary.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, Safety Scissors are found in three Classroom locations with the green, black, and cyan-colored notebook.
- When Beans was first introduced in the Kickstarter exclusive demo, using the Safety Scissors after getting hit by his bubble gum will not work. In the Baldi's Basics Plus game's V0.1.2, Safety Scissors can now be used to cut out of Beans' bubble gum.
- While playing jump rope and hit by Beans' bubble gum, using Safety Scissors will cut Playtime's jump rope, but not the bubble gum.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- During the production on V1.3 for the classic edition, the Safety Scissors were originally located in the classroom from the left side of the hallway of the game's intro, seen in mystman12's tweet.
- Full Game Early Demo
- The Safety Scissors are unused but found in the game code.
- When clicking them too much while Playtime approaches, the Safety Scissors are gone yet Playtime's rope isn't cut.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo and the first release of Baldi's Basics Plus, using Safety Scissors will skip playing jump rope, but it doesn't make Playtime sad. This was later fixed in the full game's V0.1.2 update.
- The safety scissors can sometimes come with an error, with a line in the middle of the sprite.
- ↑ "Check out this hype new feature coming in the update!!!! #ImSorry" - mystman12. May 30, 2018. Twitter
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • BSODA • Big Ol' Boots • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee
|List: About Page • Cut Items • Category|