|“||Remember kids: Safety scissors are great for cutting: Paper Jumpropes Wiring Homework||”|
— Poster description
Safety Scissors are a pair of magenta scissors with symmetrical circular finger holes and oval-shaped plastic blades similar to actual safety scissors.
There is a poster that explains what the Safety Scissors do, saying that they are used to cut paper, jump ropes, wiring, and homework. Currently, the item can be used in three ways by cutting:
- Playtime's rope and skip her mini-game. When the scissors are used on Playtime's skipping rope, her smile will turn into a frown. She will then say "Oh! That makes me sad!" and she will not be able to play with the Player for 15 seconds.
- 1st Prize's wires to cause him to malfunction and spin for 30 seconds which prevents him from pushing the Player. The malfunctioning time will be accumulated when using other Safety Scissors.
- Beans' bubble gum to get out of it faster.
Safety Scissors should typically be used on Playtime and Beans due to them being a large obstacle - although it is also a good idea to use them on 1st Prize when absolutely necessary.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, Safety Scissors are found in three Classroom locations with the green, black, and cyan-colored notebook. However, the effect when using them on 1st Prize only lasts for 15 seconds.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, Safety Scissors can be found randomly in either presents or Crazy Item Machines.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the Safety Scissors are unused but found in the game code.
- When Beans was first introduced in the Kickstarter exclusive demo, using the Safety Scissors after getting hit by his bubble gum would not work. In V0.1.2, Safety Scissors can now be used to cut out of Beans' bubble gum.
- However, the bubble gum is not listed in the "scissors" poster yet.
- While playing jump rope and being hit by Beans' bubble gum, using Safety Scissors will cut Playtime's jump rope, but not the bubble gum.
- However, while being pushed by 1st Prize and being hit by bubble gum, it will only cut the bubble gum.
- Prior to V0.2.2, in the description, the text part "jumpropes, bubble gum, and cheap wires" was usually "very specific things". It was changed in order to make it clearer to mention the use.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- During the production on V1.3 for the classic edition, the Safety Scissors were originally located in the classroom from the left side of the hallway of the game's intro, seen in mystman12's tweet.
- When clicking them too much while Playtime approaches, the Safety Scissors are gone yet Playtime's rope is not cut.
- Since Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, using Safety Scissors will skip playing jump rope, but it does not make Playtime sad. This was later fixed in Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.2.
- The Safety Scissors can sometimes come with an error, with a line in the middle of the sprite.
- In Baldi's Basics Plus V0.2.1, Safety Scissors could not cut 1st Prize's wires.
|About Page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee
|Italic: Discontinued, *: Non-Plus exclusive|