Safety Scissors are an item found in Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. It can be found in classrooms alongside a poster explaining what the Safety Scissors do, saying that they are used to cut paper, jump ropes, wiring, and homework.
Safety Scissors are a pair of pink scissors with symmetrical circular finger holes and oval-shaped plastic blades similar to actual safety scissors.
Mechanics / Uses
- They are able to cut Playtime's rope and skip her mini-game.
- When the scissors are used on Playtime's skipping rope, her smile will turn into a frown. She will then say "Aww! That makes me sad!" and she won't be able to play with the Player for a while.
- The Player can also cut 1st Prize's wires to cause it to malfunction and spin for 15 seconds which prevents it from pushing the Player.
- Safety Scissors should typically be used on Playtime due to her being a large obstacle - although it's also a good idea to use them on 1st Prize when absolutely necessary.
- The Safety Scissors were first added in Game Jam edition's V1.3.
- During the production on V1.3, the Safety Scissors was originally located in the classroom from the left side of the hallway during the game's intro, seen in mystman12's tweet.