The Principal's Office is a room in Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. When caught breaking the school rules by the Principal of the Thing, the Player will automatically be teleported to this room and given detention. During detention, the Player will be unable to leave the room until the given amount of time has elapsed. However, if the Player has the Principal's Keys, they can escape it earlier. It's a Bully is also sent here under school bullying violations (blocking the Player's path for items), though he is not actually seen in detention.
This room contains several posters, which showcase the characters and briefly describes each character’s main abilities and functions. The office also holds a Tape Player that can be used to play the Baldi Anti Hearing and Disorienting Tape.
Detention can last from 15 to 99 seconds. The time increases by 15 seconds each time the Player is caught until the time reaches 60 seconds, from which any further detentions will last for 99 seconds.
The Player will be teleported here by the Principal of the Thing if caught:
- Drinking a BSODA (In the game, however, it is used to push someone away).
- Running in the hallway or the cafeteria.
- Escaping detention (using Principal's Keys).
- Entering, inside or exiting Faculty Rooms.
- When the Principal of the Thing sends the Player to this room, it counts as opening a door, so Baldi will instantly know where the Player is.
- In V0.0.0, there were large globes instead of tables in the room.
- If the Player goes to the corner where the picture of 1st Prize and the window meets, Baldi will not be able to reach the Player, as his hitbox is too wide to fit into the small space where the Player is located. However, at this point, the Player will have no choice but to walk into Baldi, ending the game unless the Player has BSODA (to, of course, spray it on him and try to escape).
- There are few actions considered as detention-worthy went completely unused:
- According to mystman12's live stream, the detention time increment will be reduced to 5 seconds in the full game. The developer himself said that 30 seconds or longer detention makes Baldi easily catch the Player.
Field Trip locations