- For other uses, see Principal (disambiguation).
- For a similar location, see Baldi's Office.
|“||Party at the Principal's office! Come and get your present!||”|
— Party event description
This room consists of blue carpet flooring and white brick walls with green moldling. The office contains several posters on walls which showcase NPCs in the Schoolhouse and Super Schoolhouse. They briefly describe each character's main abilities and functions. The room is also filled with an assortment of desks, yellow globes resting on some of them. On one desk rests a tape player that can be used to play the Baldi's Least Favorite Tape.
- Running in all locations.
- Using the BSODA in all locations.
- Being outside his office while in detention.
- Entering, exiting, or being inside faculty rooms.
- Opening or closing the lockers.
During detention, the text "You get detention! (remaining time) seconds remain." will appear in the screen and the Player will be unable to leave the room until a given amount of time has elapsed. However, there are a few ways to escape detention:
- If the door to the Principal's office is still open, then the Player can escape until the door closes.
- When the flood is active, all doors remain open. However, the door to the Principal's office will not open during detention.
- Using a whirlpool in the office to teleport to a random location.
- Using the Principal's Keys to unlock the door.
- Placing a Portal Poster on one of the office's walls.
- Using a Dangerous Teleporter, but there may be a chance that it will teleport to the same location.
When Principal of the Thing sends the Player to this room, Baldi will be attracted to the center of his office, unless Tape Player or Pay Phone is making a noise. It's a Bully is also sent here under school bullying violations (blocking the Player's path for items), though he will disappear from the office almost instantly.
Detention can last from 15 to 99 seconds. The timer increases by 5 seconds each time the Player is caught until the timer reaches 60 seconds, from which any further detentions will last for 99 seconds.
This is also a place where the party event will be held in this place occasionally, giving the Player an opportunity to either dash to the office for the item or use the event as a chance to get a notebook easier and quicker while some of the characters are distracted.
- Endless Mode - Medium
- In the Speedy Challenge, the Principal's office is absent.
- In the Stealthy Challenge, the Principal's office is where Baldi will spawn. All five character posters are only about Principal of the Thing. Furthermore, there is no door to the office. The Player will only receive detention if one of the Principal clones sees and catches them.
- In the Grapple Challenge, the Principal's office is present despite Principal of the Thing being absent in this challenge.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, the Principal's office's wall is a regular white brick. The text is bigger and reads: "You have detention! (remaining time) seconds remain!". The second word in the first sentence is "have" instead of "get", and the punctuation mark on the second sentence is an exclamation mark (!), instead of a dot (.). The timer increases by 15 seconds every time the Player get detention. Principal of the Thing will spawn in this room after the Player got the problem wrong in the You Can Think Pad.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, after entering the glitched school, when the Player uses Teleportation Teleporter or puts 53045009 in the You Can Think Pad, they can move on the floor where the Principal's office is located. When the Player goes to the office, there is
filename2behind the Tape Player and when they come close to him, he starts talking to the Player.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the Principal's office is featured with gray tile floors, red lockers, and two chairs.
- There are two actions resulting to be brought to detention that went completely unused in the end:
- It appears the Principal put up all of the character posters, as the Principal's poster is the only poster written in first-person.
- The Player can avoid detention by entering Principal's office themselves then waiting to walk through the door. However, if the Player gets out of it and Principal of the Thing catches the Player, he scolds and sends the Player to detention.
- Not every character poster is featured here. There are five posters for characters who spawn in the current floor.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In the earliest version, there were large globes instead of tables in the room. The large globes were used for hiding from Baldi.
- In a drawing of the original layout of the Schoolhouse, the Principal's office was originally planned to be located on the top right corner next to the playground as marked in purple. In the game, it is located on the middle.
- In V0.1.5 of Baldi's Basics Plus, all posters are oddly missing in the office. This glitch was fixed in V0.2.
- Classic/Birthday Bash
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- Birthday Bash
- Full Game Early Demo
- "One report that I keep seeing, which isn't actually a bug, is that not all character posters appear in the Principal's Office. This is intentional, only a handful of current NPCs get a poster in each level." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
- "One of the first things I did when working on the original version of #BaldisBasics was draw up the layout of the school. Here's the original drawing! While it's mostly the same, it has a few notable differences, like a playground area that never made it into the game." - mystman12. March 20, 2019. Twitter
- "Huh, that's weird... Well I'll add it to the list! Expect it to be fixed in 0.2!" - mystman12. August 15, 2020. Twitter
|About Page • Comic-Exclusive • Category|
|Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|