- For other uses, see Principal (disambiguation).
- For a similar location, see Baldi's Office.
|“||Party at the Principal's office! Come and get your present!||”|
— Party event description
This room consists of blue carpet flooring and white-brick walls with green mold-like borders. The office contains several posters on walls which showcase the members of the Schoolhouse and Super Schoolhouse. They briefly describe each character's main abilities and functions. The room is also filled with an assortment of desks, yellow globes resting on some of them. On one desk rests a Tape Player that can be used to play Baldi's Least Favorite Tape.
When caught breaking the school rules by Principal of the Thing, the Player will automatically be teleported to the center of this room and be given detention with text that says: "You get detention! (remaining time) seconds remain.". During detention, the Player will be unable to leave the room until a given amount of time has elapsed. However, there are a few ways to escape detention:
- If the door to the Principal's Office is still open, then the Player can escape until the door closes.
- When the flood is active, all doors remain open. However, the door to the Principal's Office will not open during detention.
- Using a whirlpool in the office to teleport to a random location.
- Using the Principal's Keys to unlock the door.
- Placing a Portal Poster on one of the office's walls.
- Using a Dangerous Teleporter.
When Principal of the Thing sends the Player to this room, Baldi will be attracted to the center of his office, unless Tape Player or Pay Phone is making a noise. It's a Bully is also sent here under school bullying violations (blocking the Player's path for items), though he will disappear from the office almost instantly.
Detention can last from 15 to 99 seconds. The timer increases by 5 seconds (15 seconds in the classic edition) each time the Player is caught until the timer reaches 60 seconds, from which any further detentions will last for 99 seconds. Principal of the Thing will instantly teleport the Player here if caught:
- Running in all locations.
- Using the BSODA in all locations.
- Being outside his office while in detention.
- Entering, exiting, or being inside Faculty Rooms.
- Opening or closing the lockers.
This is also a place where the party event will be held in this place occasionally, giving the Player an opportunity to either dash to the office for the item or use the event as a chance to get a notebook easier and quicker while some of the characters are distracted.
- Endless Mode Medium
- In Stealthy Challenge, the Principal's Office is where Baldi will spawn. All description posters are only about Principal of the Thing. Furthermore, none of the character can open the door to the office. The Player will only receive detention if one of the Principal clones sees and catches them.
- In Speedy Challenge, the Principal's Office is absent.
- In Grapple Challenge, the Principal's Office is present despite Principal of the Thing being absent in this challenge.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, the Principal's Office's wall is a regular white brick. The text reads: "You have detention! (remaining time) seconds remain!". The word is "have" instead of "get", and the punctuation mark on the second sentence is an exclamation mark (!), instead of a dot (.). Principal of the Thing will spawn in this room after the Player got the problem wrong in the You Can Think Pad.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, after entering the Glitched School, when the Player uses Teleportation Teleporter or puts 53045009 in the You Can Think Pad, they can move on the floor where the Principal's Office is located. When the Player goes to the office, there is Filename2 behind the Tape Player and when they come close to him, he starts talking to the Player.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the Principal's Office is featured with gray tile floors, red lockers, and two chairs.
- There are two actions resulting to be brought to detention that went completely unused in the end:
- It appears the Principal put up all of the posters, as the Principal's poster is the only poster written in first-person.
- The Player can escape detention by entering Principal's office themselves then waiting to walk through the door. However, if the Player escapes and Principal of the Thing sees the Player escaping, he says "No escaping detention in the halls!" and sends the Player to detention again.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Not every character's poster is featured in the current floor.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In the earliest version, there were large globes instead of tables in the room. The large globes were used for hiding from Baldi.
- In a drawing of the original layout of the Schoolhouse, the Principal's Office was originally planned to be located on the top right corner next to the playground as marked in purple. In the game, it is located on the middle.
- In V0.1.5 of Baldi's Basics Plus, all posters are oddly missing in the office. This glitch was fixed in V0.2.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- Birthday Bash
- Full Game Early Demo
- "One report that I keep seeing, which isn't actually a bug, is that not all character posters appear in the Principal's Office. This is intentional, only a handful of current NPCs get a poster in each level." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
- "One of the first things I did when working on the original version of #BaldisBasics was draw up the layout of the school. Here's the original drawing! While it's mostly the same, it has a few notable differences, like a playground area that never made it into the game." - mystman12. March 20, 2019. Twitter
- "Huh, that's weird... Well I'll add it to the list! Expect it to be fixed in 0.2!" - mystman12. August 15, 2020. Twitter
|About Page • Comic-Exclusive Locations • Category|
|*: Non-Plus exclusive|