- For the wall props, see Poster.
The Portal Poster's sprite is a white paper sheet with a portal in blurred purple, pink, and orange colors. For some reason, it has a much lower quality than the other items' sprites, possibly due to its size.
Using this item on any wall will cause a large poster to appear on that wall, with a transparent portal in the middle. All characters can walk through the Portal Poster and NPCs can see the player through it. Projectiles like the BSODA spray and Beans' bubble gum can also pass through it, too. This can be used as a way to exit the Principal's office during detention or escaping Mrs. Pomp's classroom while she traps the player for being late at her class. The Portal Poster will stay on the wall for the rest of the level, and can be walked through an infinite amount of times.
However, the item cannot be used on walls with no chunk on the back. Doing so will make an error sound and if captions are on, then they will read "Not here.". The Portal Poster also cannot be placed on a wall with Chalkles, a plant, windows, or any structure (except for wall props) on the other side, and it cannot be used to enter the mystery room.
- The item's usage was first briefly teased from the Baldi's Basics Plus early access trailer, and its usage was later teased on Twitter.
- The sound made when placing the Portal Poster is taken from Warner Bros..
- Stated by its description in Johnny's Store, this item was invented by Baldi himself.
- Prior to V0.3.3, NPCs were not able to go through Portal Posters in normal circumstances.
- Unlike other items, the Portal Poster uses the
Largersuffix instead of
Largefor the large icon's file name.
- Prior to V0.3.5, the Portal Poster could be used on windows.
- The sound of this item is always playing from the position (0,0,0). Therefore, the caption will be featured in incorrect location.
- The player could use a Portal Poster behind water fountains and vending machines. This was fixed in V0.1.3.
- The player could also use a Portal Poster on Chalkles. However, the portal can be only entered from one side where there is no Chalkles. This glitch was once fixed in V0.1.3, but it still happens again in the current version when the Portal Poster is placed on the wall first, then Chalkles spawns in that wall when the player is in other locations after Baldi finishes the countdown.[version info needed]
- In V0.1.5, the full item texture of the Portal Poster did not appear on the wall due to the mask error. This was later fixed in V0.2.
|*Slap!*||When Portal Poster is attached to the wall.|
|Not here.||When trying to use Portal Poster on an invalid area.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus Early Access Trailer [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL] - 0:03
- "The new Portal Poster item coming to #BaldisBasics Plus lets you walk through walls! Just find a wall with a room on the other side and you can easily escape a sticky situation. Only you can go through the portal so character's can't follow you through!" - Basically, Games!. May 19, 2020. Twitter
|About page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee