The Playground area consists of a field with green grass along with wooden fences. The area can also sometimes consist of a bunch of 3D-modeled trees, "lunch tables", a spinning merry-go-round and a basketball hoop.
While the Player is in this area, they can run around without losing any stamina. Furthermore, while the Player is walking, they will regain stamina. The Player's stamina will also regenerate twice as fast when standing still outside. A tree or more have a chance to contain An Apple for Baldi in it which can only be obtained by using the Grappling Hook on the trunk so the Apple falls to be picked up.
- Endless Mode Medium
The Playground is where the Player start the level and contain a poster about the WD-NoSquee next to a swinging door. There is also an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar on the "lunch table" that the Player can collect.
- In the Grapple Challenge, the Playground includes one of the four elevators, a mailbox comic and a weird message.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the Playground is one of the four places with an elevator. The Energy Flavored Zesty Bar and An Apple for Baldi item can be also found. However, the fences' height is slightly shorter. Behind them, a wall can be seen slightly. The sky textures in it seems to be a part of the area and as seen in the elevator area above, there is an actual sky.
- Originally, the Playground area was planned to debut in the original Schoolhouse, but it ended up being scrapped, with no remains of it in the files. It was intended to be accessed through the side on the left, but the swinging door that connected both rooms was replaced by an exit.
- In the teaser image for the full game early demo, the area includes a wooden fence texture without a wall, although this was applied since Kickstarter exclusive demo.
- The wooden fence shares the same texture for the Outdoor Areas' fences and the "NO" signs from the camping field trip.
- During the fog, the top of the elevator in this area is not covered in fog, likely due to the door shutter that will move down when the elevator is closed.
- Since the V0.1.4 update for Baldi's Basics Plus the skybox view from the Playground has been updated. While the fog event is active, the Playground seems to also have a foggy sky (except the little visible area near the fence).
- In V0.1.5, the skybox view in the Playground has been fixed and there is no more visible area near the fence by the fog.
- Prior to Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.5, it was possible to view some structures such as lockdown doors, Baldi's Bus, and the elevators' shutter doors on the top of the Super Schoolhouse from this area. Also, they are cropped by the bottom by the fences close to them. These doors could be seen in the Grapple Challenge, prior to V0.3.3.
- 3 chunks in front of the elevator room and the room itself are not a rule-free zone and they do not have stamina boost feature, either.
- In the current version of Baldi's Basics Plus, there is a chance of the Outdoor Areas generating connected with the Playground. This is likely going to be more common when the game releases.
- Prior to V0.1.3, the Playground's trees in the Grapple Challenge and Endless Mode's Medium option were invisible but still had collision.
- It is possible that some trees from the Playground can pass through any wall.
- "One of the first things I did when working on the original version of #BaldisBasics was draw up the layout of the school. Here's the original drawing! While it's mostly the same, it has a few notable differences, like a playground area that never made it into the game." - mystman12. March 20, 2019. Twitter
|About Page • Comic-Exclusive Locations • Category|
|Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|