The playground area consists of a field with green grass along with wooden fences. The area can also sometimes consist of a bunch of 3D-modeled trees, lunch tables, spinning merry-go-rounds, a basketball hoop, lockers and buttons.
There is a chance that an elevator will spawn in this location.
While the player is in this area, they can run around without losing any stamina. Furthermore, while the player is walking, they will regain stamina. The player's stamina will also recharge twice as fast while standing still outside. A tree or more has a chance to contain An Apple for Baldi in it which can only be obtained by using the Grappling Hook on the trunk so that the Apple falls for it to be picked up.
Also, Principal of the Thing will not scold the player for violating any rule. Therefore, even if the player gets detention, the Principal will ignore them in the playground despite breaking the "No escaping detention" rule.
- Endless Mode - Medium
The playground is where the player starts the level and it contains a poster about the WD-NoSquee next to a swinging door. There is also an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar on the lunch table that the player can collect.
- In the Grapple Challenge, the playground includes one of the four elevators, a mailbox comic, and a weird message.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the playground is one of the four places with an elevator. Playtime spawns in this location. The Energy Flavored Zesty Bar and An Apple for Baldi can also be found. However, the fences' height is slightly shorter. Behind them, a wall is slightly visible. The sky textures in it seem to be a part of the area and as seen in the elevator area above, there is an actual sky.
- Originally, the playground area was planned to debut in the classic Schoolhouse, but it ended up being scrapped, with no remains of it in the files. It was intended to be accessed through the side on the left, but the swinging door that connected both rooms was replaced by an exit.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- The wooden fence shares the same texture for the outdoor area's fences and the "NO" signs from the camping field trip prior to V0.3.
- During the fog event, the top of the elevator in this area is not covered in fog, likely due to the elevator gate that will move down when the elevator closes.
- Since the V0.1.4 update, the skybox view from the playground has been updated. While the fog event is active, the playground seems to also have a foggy sky (except the little visible area near the fence).
- Since V0.1.5, the skybox view in the playground has been fixed and there is no more visible area near the fence by the fog.
- Prior to V0.1.5, it was possible to view some structures such as lockdown doors, Baldi's bus, and the elevators' gates on the top of the Super Schoolhouse from this area. Also, they are cropped by the bottom by the fences close to them. These doors could be seen in the Grapple Challenge, prior to V0.3.3.
- 3 chunks in front of the elevator room and the room itself are not a rule-free zone and they do not have the stamina boost feature, either.
- In the current version, there is a chance of the outdoor areas generating connected with the playground.
- It is possible to not have any merry-go-rounds in the playground.
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
- The playground's fence texture has a wall texture unlike other games and demos.
- Prior to V0.1.3, the playground's trees in the Grapple Challenge and Endless Mode - Medium were invisible but still had collision.
- "One of the first things I did when working on the original version of #BaldisBasics was draw up the layout of the school. Here's the original drawing! While it's mostly the same, it has a few notable differences, like a playground area that never made it into the game." - mystman12. March 20, 2019. Twitter
|About page • Comic-exclusive • Category|
|Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|