|“||Students: Please refrain from using the phone while Professor Baldi is in the building. It causes him to forget what he was doing and prevents him from hearing.||”|
— Description, poster
The pay phone is a noise making phone used in the Baldi's Basics series.
The pay phone is a photo-cropped picture that has white buttons with the numbers 0-9 and the symbols, *, and #. There is a rectangular screen that displays 25 cents.
It costs one Quarter to use. It is essentially the same as Baldi's Least Favorite Tape, as Baldi will forget the last noise he heard and be unable to hear any noises for 30 seconds. This can be used to further confuse Baldi, and distract him for a while, so that the player can obtain more notebooks. If the player is in Baldi's sight when they insert a Quarter, then he will still come after them, as he can see them. Sometimes (more commonly in Baldi's Basics Classic/Birthday Bash), It's a Bully can be seen standing in front of the phone, forcing the player to either give him an item, wait for him to go away, passing through him while the Faculty Nametag is in action or wait for Principal of the Thing to arrive and give him detention.
While the pay phone is making noise, a second Quarter cannot be used on this device.
The pay phone has a chance to be randomly located at any dead-end.
- In the Grapple Challenge, a single pay phone is located in the end of the south hallway close to the two faculty rooms.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, the pay phone can be found at the end of the west hallway with the cafeteria to the right. When a Quarter is inserted, the pay phone oddly transforms into an in-use tape player, as there is no in-use sprite unique to the pay phone in the game, used or unused.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the pay phone is located at the end of the hall next to the classroom door from the Super Schoolhouse's far east wing.
- Despite being officially named a "pay phone", it is not, as the pay phone's sprite is simply an edited photo of a Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phone.
- Looking closely at the top of the pay phone, the blurred out Panasonic logo can be seen.
- On the pay phone's screen, the time "12:51 PM" can be seen behind the "25¢". This may be evidence that the photograph used for the pay phone was shot during that time.
- The pay phone is almost exactly the same as the tape player. The only differences are the texture, the size, the location, and that the player needs a quarter to use it instead of Baldi's Least Favorite Tape.
- Since Full Game Early Demo, the pay phone will not turn into a tape player upon used. It is unknown if this was either a bug or a tweak by mystman12's choice.
- Like the tape player, using the pay phone during the party event makes Baldi freeze in place until the party ends.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Prior to V0.1.5, in Explorer Mode, the Quarter would not disappear in the inventory slots when using the pay phone. The buzzing noise would overlap and eventually grow louder depending on how many times the player used the pay phone.
|*Annoying noise*||The sound that plays when the player inserts a Quarter into the pay phone.|
|About Page • Category|