There are various modes that the Player can choose to play. There are currently total of 5 game modes in Baldi's Basics Plus and 2 in Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash. However, there is no option to choose the game modes in demos, except for the Kickstarter exclusive demo.
- Main article: Hide-and-Seek
Completing the Hide-and-Seek mode for the first time will allow to put a custom seed before playing Hide-and-Seek/Explorer Mode.
- Main article: Story Mode
Story Mode is the main mode in Baldi's Basics Classic, Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash and Baldi's Basics Classic Remastered. The object is to collect 7 notebooks and then escape the school by reaching all four exits.
- Main article: Endless Mode
- Main article: Explorer Mode
Explorer Mode is same as Hide-and-Seek, but Baldi will disappear after the countdown, making the Player freely explore the Super Schoolhouse.
- Main article: Challenge Mode
Challenges mode shows the list of challenges to play.
- Main article: Field Trips (mode)
- mystman12 considered adding a mode that will allow the Player to set custom parameters.
- There will be also a mode which serves infinite floors, however, it is unknown what this mode should be called.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In Baldi's Basics Classic versions prior to V1.3, there is no game mode selection, but only Story Mode is available.
- After V1.4 update, the Endless Mode button and the BACK button have switched positions.
- On the mobile version, "Wear headphones for the best experience!" text is added in the middle.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, Hide-and-Seek mode was first introduced and is the only mode available.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, only Explorer Mode and Hide-and-Seek mode are available.
- Additionally, the names in the mode selection screen are different. Hide-and-Seek mode is named as 'Main Mode' and Explorer Mode is 'Free Run Mode'.
- In Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo, only Challenges mode is available.
- "This is one of those things that I think would be really cool, but would also require a lot of extra dev time that I can't really justify adding right now. I do plan on adding a sort of custom mode though, which would allow you to set certain parameters, just not build levels." - mystman12. August 8, 2020. Twitter
- Q: "i thought there were gonna be infinite floors lol" / A: "I have considered adding a mode like that!" - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
|About Page • Category|
|Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|