The map is a mechanic command for Baldi's Basics Plus, used when finding items, looking out for characters, or necessary when feeling lost. Holding down the "Quick map" action key will reveal the map layout pop-up during the gameplay. Clicking the "Advanced Map" action key on the keyboard will pause the game and bring up the You Can Think Pad with a full advanced map to look around on. Using the "Strafe right/left" action keys will scroll the map horizontally and "Move forward/backward" action keys will scroll it vertically. Pressing "Q" will zoom the map out and pressing "E" will zoom the map in. These keys can be changed on control mapper, but controls for zooming the advanced map cannot be replaced.
- Green - Hallways
- Yellow - Faculty Rooms
- Red - Classrooms
- Gray - Principal's Office
- White - Special Locations
- Black - Debug Room
- Note: Maps for Hide-and-Seek, Explorer Mode and Endless mode's Random option are generated randomly.
- Although absent in Baldi's Basics Classic, Field Trip demo: Camping and Birthday Bash, the map command is first teased in Development Build footage, and later first became available in the Full Game Early Demo not including the icons.
- mystman12 firstly planned in the Kickstarter comments section to get the Player to be able to buy a full map from Johnny's Store and also scroll around the map to zoom out and see details to the map to find items and obstacles easily.
- The item and notebook icons are later implemented in the first version of Kickstarter Exclusive Demo.
- The Player's icon was first teased in footage of mystman12 working on the full map from Twitter.
- The icon and the full map command that is shown on the You Can Think Pad were implemented in Kickstarter Exclusive Demo V1.2 update.
- The map is generated with the random level generator, instead of being hand-made with quads and planes.
- Although, there are no map commands for field trips, the Player can still display a map command for the Super Schoolhouse during field trip in Hide-and-Seek and Explorer Modes only.
- Items that spawn when the party event starts or in an Outdoor Area upon finishing a field trip do not have their icons on the map command.
- While playing jump rope with Playtime, the quick map feature does not work.
- In the Endless mode Medium option, the background of the advanced map is transparent.
- In the Endless mode Medium option, there is a duplicate Player icon that stays on where the Player starts on the map. In addition, some item icons are missing.
- The advanced map background become gray based on the fog event effect. This was fixed since V0.1.2, but occurred again since V0.2.
- Prior to V0.1.2, in the Stealthy and Grapple Challenges, the advanced map was lacking a You Can Think Pad layout texture.
- Prior to V0.3.3, some items' icons were missing in Endless Mode - Medium.
- "I will be making some improvements to the map for sure. I plan on adding a full map screen along with the current quick map, where you'll be able to scroll around and zoom out. I also plan to add more detail to the map overall, so you can see details such as where items are located, which rooms are cleared, where obstacles are, etc. As for revealing maps, the areas you've revealed in a level will remain revealed on repeated attempts at a level until you get a game over (The whole life system I'm considering is still up in the air, but that's where my mind's at right now), you'll be able to buy complete maps for levels in the shop, and I also just came up with an item that will help player's more quickly fill out their maps." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
- "Working on the full map screen for #BaldisBasics! #ScreenshotSaturday" - mystman12. February 22, 2020. Twitter
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Controls • Options • Save System|
|Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Ambience • Lives • Subtitles|