|“||Check your map to see where my class is.||”|
The map is a mechanic command for Baldi's Basics Plus, used when finding items, looking out for characters, or necessary when feeling lost. Holding down the "Tab" key will reveal the map layout pop-up during the gameplay. Clicking the "M" key on the keyboard will pause the game and bring up a full advanced map to look around on. It can scrolled by using the WASD keys. Pressing "Q" will zoom the map out and pressing "E" will zoom the map in. The map will only be filled when the Player accesses a location, except in challenges with have the full map, and when you buy a filled map in Johnny's store. These keys can be changed on control mapper.
- Green - Halls
- Yellow - Faculty Rooms
- Red - Classrooms
- Gray - Principal's Office
- White - Special locations
- Note: Maps for Hide-and-Seek, Explorer Mode and Endless mode's Random option in Baldi's Basics Plus and the Kickstarter Exclusive Demo are generated randomly.
- Although absent in Baldi's Basics Classic, Field Trip demo: Camping and Birthday Bash, the map command is first teased in the Development Build footage, and later first became available in the Full Game Early Demo not including the icons.
- mystman12 firstly planed in the Kickstarter comments section to get the Player to be able to scroll around the map to zoom out and see details to the map to find items and obstacles easily.
- The item and notebook icons are later implemented in the first version of the Kickstarter Exclusive Demo.
- The Player's icon was first teased in footage of mystman12 working on the full map from Twitter.
- In the future update, the Player will be able to buy a full map of the Super Schoolhouse in the shop and there will be an item to help them to reveal the map more quickly.
- The Full Game Early Demo's map was generated with the random level generator, instead of being hand-made with quads and planes.
- Although, there are no map commands for field trips, the Player can still display a map command for the Super Schoolhouse during field trip in Hide-and-Seek and Explorer Modes only.
- Items that spawn when the party event start or in a Outdoor Area upon finishing a field trip don't have their icons on the map command.
- While playing jump rope with Playtime, the quick map feature doesn't work.
- Some seeds generate the map with a large room with placeholder textures in Floor 1. In the map, this room has black layout on the map screen. After Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.4 update, such room is no longer available.
- In the Endless mode Medium option, the background of the advanced map is transparent.
- This also applies in every challenge. However, before Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.2, in Stealthy and Grapple Challenges, the background was black like in randomly generated levels.
- In the Endless mode Medium option, there is a duplicate Player icon that stays on where the Player starts on the map. In addition, some item icons are missing.
- There are other errors that had been fixed in Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.2 update.
- The advanced map background became gray upon the fog event's activate.
- In Stealthy and Grapple Challenges, the advanced map was lacking a You Can Think Pad layout texture.
- ↑ "Working on the full map screen for #BaldisBasics! #ScreenshotSaturday" - mystman12. February 22, 2020. Twitter
- ↑ "I will be making some improvements to the map for sure. I plan on adding a full map screen along with the current quick map, where you'll be able to scroll around and zoom out. I also plan to add more detail to the map overall, so you can see details such as where items are located, which rooms are cleared, where obstacles are, etc. As for revealing maps, the areas you've revealed in a level will remain revealed on repeated attempts at a level until you get a game over (The whole life system I'm considering is still up in the air, but that's where my mind's at right now), you'll be able to buy complete maps for levels in the shop, and I also just came up with an item that will help player's more quickly fill out their maps." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Controls • Options • Save System|
|End Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Lives • Subtitles|