|“||No looking in other people's lockers in the halls!||”|
— Principal of the Thing
The red lockers are the most common types of lockers. However, none of these can be interacted with, as if they were locked.
The blue lockers (although cyan) can be opened, used for hiding from Baldi (only if WD-NoSquee is applied or the locker is in the library) and other characters. However, when they are opened, they make a sound, so Baldi will know which locker the player hides in. Even if Baldi is distracted by the Alarm Clock, tape player, or other objects that distract Baldi, once the distraction is over, he will go back to the blue locker the player hides in because it constantly attracts Baldi until they leave. Since looking in other people's lockers is against the school rules, the player will get detention if the Principal sees them hiding in a blue locker. However, this rule has not been listed in the school rules poster.
The player can use some items while hiding. The item will be used on the location before they enter the blue locker. When WD-NoSquee is applied on the blue locker, the player can open and close that locker without making any noise. The item's effect lasts for three times of opening the locker. The silent locker will not attract Baldi when hiding, even if the player enters the locker while Baldi can see them.
Also, the blue locker in the library will not attract Baldi even without using WD-NoSquee on it and the player can hear sounds by hiding in that blue locker.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, Birthday Bash, and Full Game Early Demo, the blue lockers, along with the Dirty Chalk Eraser, were not added, so there was no way to hide.
- When the player hides in a locker and exits the locker while Playtime chases them, her position would reset.
- It is possible to look back in the blue locker.
- Prior to V0.1.4, the lockers seem as though they are upside down.
- Prior to V0.3, hiding in the nearest blue locker from the start of the floor while Baldi remained passive would immediately make Baldi chase the player.
- Since V0.3, hiding in a blue locker before Baldi's greeting can immediately make him start the countdown. The same thing happens when using a Dangerous Teleporter right after starting the floor.
- On a rare occasion, Baldi will quickly count down to 6, then he will continue the countdown normally.
- It is possible to have three blue lockers arranged in a row.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- During the development, mystman12 first planned to have all of the lockers opened with possible items inside. The audio for Principal of the Thing's quote calling out when seeing the player using the lockers was first found in the game files. Despite the simple mechanism, this feature is scrapped because mystman12 thought that clicking on every single locker can be very tedious. The interactive lockers in different colors were later first featured in the Kickstarter Exclusive Demo. However, while the blue locker is featured, another different colored locker containing possible items has yet to be added for Baldi's Basics Plus.
- There are a total of 235.5 lockers in the original Schoolhouse. 194 lockers are found in the hallways throughout the school, while the other 41.5 lockers are found in the Faculty Room with the Zesty machine.
- Observing the lockers in the faculty room with the Zesty machine carefully, this appears to be a rather odd, glitchy set of 2 lockers, near the back-left corner of the room. These lockers overlap each other in a way that takes up the space of one and a half lockers in total. Depending on the angle the player looks at these lockers, they'll either see a complete door to the left that overlaps half of another locker, or a complete door to the right that overlaps half of another locker. mystman12 probably did this to not cover the chalkboard contained inside the room.
- Sometimes when looking through windows, the lockers can be seen from their back. It happens because lockers do not have a sprite from that position.
- Lockers can be overlapped with the swinging doors.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- By quitting a round while in a blue locker and playing a new round and going in another blue locker, the game is now in a noclip state. This stays until exiting the game. While in this state, none of the characters see or interact with the player, some structures like conveyor belts and elevators do not work, the sound is still heard in the library, and the player can go through the walls and explore the outside of the school. This was fixed in V0.1.5.
- Prior to V0.1.5, when the player hides in a nearby blue locker while playing with Playtime, the minigame does not end, and after they finish playing, they will "exit" the locker (the texture of being inside the locker does not disappear).
- For now, when entering the locker, Playtime shows her sad sprite, says "Oh! That makes me sad!", and stops the minigame.
- Prior to V0.1.5, stamina cannot be generated in the blue locker.
- Hiding and exiting the locker while being blown by Cloudy Copter will duplicate the player's blowing speed and all the wind movement would not disappear when the player gets out until the wind disappears. This was fixed in V0.2.
- Hiding in a blue locker and pressing the "Look back" key (Space bar by default) to look back while the WD-NoSquee is equipped allows the player to apply WD-NoSquee to the locker they are in while inside of it.
- Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo
- The player can still get in the lockers through the wall.
- Prior to V1.1, a random event starting while the player is hiding in a locker will cause the event's description text to be permanently displayed on the screen.
- In the Grapple Challenge, the blue locker could be used to prevent Baldi from spawning by using the Grappling Hook on the locker (if it is close enough to the starting elevator) and spamming the interact key (Left-click by default). The blue locker close to the starting elevator was removed and replaced by a red one in V1.1.
- Oddly, the texture of the blue locker in the Stealthy Challenge seems to be flipped.
|*SLAM!*||The blue locker when used.|
- "Technically what happens is, when you're in the locker, the "sound" is being sent to Baldi over and over again and it won't stop until you leave. So even if you distract him with an alarm clock or something, he'll eventually head back to the locker." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
- "The lockers thing, my- one of my original ideas for the game, yeah, you would've been to be able to look into lockers, but I kinda, when I found out that some more, I kinda thought that was gonna be dumb. You- you know, if you were doing like, you know, walk by lockers is just by clicking on every single locker looking for items that just would've been too tedious, I think so, I left them out." - Livestream archive 57:02~57:22
|About page • Category|