The library resembles a labyrinth maze with book holders of assorted books as thin walls. There is a large open area in the middle, similar to the corn maze prior to V0.3. Inside it, the player can find a few items, such as WD-NoSquee, Safety Scissors, and the Faculty Nametag. Structures like lockers and buttons could also spawn in this location. A few locations can also connect to this room, like faculty rooms, classrooms, and Gotta Sweep's closet.
While in this room, all sounds, music, and voices will be muted. Also, all subtitles are removed. Opening any standard door or swinging door connected to the library will not make a sound and therefore does not directly attract Baldi, unless the player is in his line of sight.
When Baldi is in this room, his slapping sound will also not be heard, similar to the broken ruler event. No jump-scare sound is heard when Baldi catches the player.
The library starts to appear in floor 2.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, the library is first introduced, but there is no lighting effect in this demo. In the demo, the library is one of the six available special locations in the Super Schoolhouse.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- The texture of the book holder is rescaled in this game.
- There is typically at least one dark area in the library.
- If the player enters a room connected to the library, they can still hear sounds.
- This is one of two special rooms where chunks are revealed separately on the map (not counting the big area) with the other being Gotta Sweep's closet.
- Hiding in a blue locker in the library does not alert Baldi, even without using WD-NoSquee.
- If an Alarm Clock rings in the library, it will not lure Baldi to it.
- Even if Baldi is in the library, he can hear any sound from outside of this location.
- Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo
- Before V1.2, the library's map color was usually black. It was changed to white for it to be visible on the advanced map's black background.
- In Baldi's Basics Plus, the debug room uses the black color on the map.
- "Advanced level design! Along with randomly generated levels comes special structures to mix up gameplay. These can vary from simple, one-way doors to entire rooms with special properties (like a library where no sound can be made or heard). New special structures will help ensure each map feels unique." - Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! by Micah McGonigal - Kickstarter
|About page • Comic-exclusive • Category|
|Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|