The library resembles a labyrinth with bookcases of assorted books as thin walls. The middle contains a large open area, similar to the corn maze prior to V0.3 update. Inside it, the Player can find a few items, such as WD-NoSquee, Safety Scissors and Faculty Nametag. A few locations can also connect to this room, like Faculty Rooms, Gotta Sweep's Closet and classrooms.
While in this room, all sounds, music, and voices will be muted. Also, all subtitles are removed. Opening any regular door or swinging door to the library will not make a sound and thus does not directly give Baldi an indication, unless the Player is in his sight.
When Baldi is in this room, his slapping sound will also not be heard, similar to the Broken Ruler event. No jumpscare sound is heard when Baldi fully contacts the Player.
The library starts to appear on the second floor.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, this is the demo where the library is first introduced, but with no lighting affect. Throughout the demo and the full game, the library is one of the six available special locations in the Super Schoolhouse.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Texture of the bookcase is rescaled.
- There is typically at least one dark area in the library.
- If the Player enters a room connected to the library, they can still hear sounds.
- This is one of two special rooms where chunks are revealed separately on the map (not counting the big area) with the other being Gotta Sweep's Closet.
- Hiding a blue locker in the library does not alert Baldi, even without using WD-NoSquee.
- If an Alarm Clock is ringing in the library, it does not distract Baldi.
- Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo
- Before the V1.2 update, the library's map color was usually black. It was changed to white in order to be visible on the advanced map's black background.
- In Baldi's Basics Plus, Debug Room uses the black color for the map.
- "Advanced level design! Along with randomly generated levels comes special structures to mix up gameplay. These can vary from simple, one-way doors to entire rooms with special properties (like a library where no sound can be made or heard). New special structures will help ensure each map feels unique." - Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! by Micah McGonigal - Kickstarter
|About Page • Comic-Exclusive Locations • Category|
|Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|