- For the upcoming level generating system for pre-made levels, see Level Editor.
- The level generator chooses a seed to start working with.
- It creates the border surrounding the map.
- It generates a special room.
- The generator starts off by generating some plots to create rooms in and deletes some hallway spots to generate different halls.
- It generates the halls surrounding the plots.
- It deletes the plots and the border.
- It adds unique/different hallways to random spots in either other hallways or deleted hallway spots.
- It generates the rooms where the plots used to be.
- It generates the walls and door.
- It selects a random texture to put on the walls, floor, and ceiling and adds the textures onto the planes (floors, walls, ceiling).
- It gets the masks ready.
- It adds some swinging doors, windows and decorations.
- It sets spawn points for all the characters but only selects a few characters for the specific seed and floor.
- It creates the
NavMesh(Basically, where characters can move towards. Without it, characters cannot move.) and adds the Player.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, the Player can see placeholder textures when winning or losing a floor. These textures do not appear when completing Floor 3.
- There needs to be some optimizations done to the generator, since it takes around 5-30 seconds to generate before the "Play!" button shows up. It typically takes a lot longer, or just as long to generate mazes too.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.