- For the location, see Johnny's Store.
|“||Hi, I'm Johnny!||”|
Johnny is a human with a design based on a 2D drawing, with pale skin, cyan long-sleeved clothing, and shaggy hair which covers his eyes. His 3D version looks different: he is in a T-pose, his mouth is wide open, he has shorter and lighter hair, and his skin is darker.
He apparently has a benevolent personality, greeting the player upon seeing them, and offering items in exchange for the game's currency. He also seems to have a grim sense of humor, as he talks about starving if the player buys something. He will also frown if the player buys nothing or tries to buy something without enough You Thought Points.
He is the shopkeeper of the store, and will greet the player upon entering. He will offer filled maps, items, and characters to expel. Though, these things will cost You Thought Points in order to purchase them.
- His name was first revealed in the concept art for Johnny's Store.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Unlike other characters with moving mouth, Johnny has multiple animation clips for each speech, so he is the only character in which his mouth movements connect with what he is saying.
- When seen from inside the elevator, Johnny has a full 3D model. In his store, he is redesigned into a 2D flash art.
- It can be guessed that he was originally going to be 3D all the time.
- Johnny is the second character to be voiced by Cady McGonigal, the first being Mrs. Pomp. Furthermore, Cady is the one who came up with Johnny since her and mystman12 were kids, but she never decided what he should look like, so mystman12 did the drawing.
- Because of this, his voice sounds slightly feminine.
- Johnny is the first character for Baldi's Basics Plus that is not featured on any floor.
- After Johnny finishes his "Thank you! My parents would have been so proud that I made a sale." line, he would start frowning. However, the other quotes when the player buys an item make Johnny smile after he finishes talking. This is most likely due to something happening to Johnny's parents offscreen.
- If Johnny says "See ya later. I'll still be here!", he will be smiling, while other quotes when leaving the store after buying nothing will make him frown.
- Johnny is the only character who does not have a full body. He is only seen sitting.
- In V0.2, there were captions for Johnny, but they barely appeared in the game and only said the file names of the quotes, plus, the caption display remained appearing until the player is on a floor even when the quote is finished. In V0.2.1, they were fixed, but disabled for not being important for gameplay. They were then re-enabled in V0.3.3.
- Prior to V0.2.2, after he said "This will fill out your map...", he would say "...for the next level.". The last line was removed in order to avoid confusion, since the player can enter Johnny's Store when they fail the current level while having You Thought Points.
- One of Johnny's unused lines, "Come back when you're a little... MMM- Richer!" is a quote from the infamous CD-i Link games, more specifically, Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon.
- In the caption "I didn't realy want food today anyways...", the word "really" is misspelled as "realy".
|Hi, I'm Johnny!||When the player enters in Johnny's Store.|
|Welcome to my store!||After the greeting.|
|This will fill out your map.||When the player hovers over the map fill.|
|Consider your map filled!||When the player purchases the map fill.|
|No way you'll get lost now!|
(There's no way you'll get lost now!)
|Lookin' like you ain't learnin'!||When the player does not have enough You Thought Points to buy something.|
|Try again when you have You Thought Points.|
(Try again when you have more You Thought Points.)
|You can't afford that!|
|I love those!||When the player buys an item.|
|That could come in handy!!|
|Totally worth the price!|
|Thank you! Now I might not starve!|
|Thank you! My parents would have been so proud that I made a sale.|
|Thanks, I hated that item anyways!|
|You're my favorite customer. See ya!||When the player leaves the store after buying anything.|
|Thank you for shopping!|
|Say hi to Baldi for me!|
|Thanks for nothing!||When the player leaves the store after buying nothing.|
|I didn't realy want food today anyways...|
|See ya later. I'll still be here!|
|This will fill out your map for the next level. (unused caption)||When the player hovers over the map fill.||V0.2.2|
|You can expel someone for the rest of your game!||Likely plays when the player hovers over the "suspend" hammer.|
|TBA||Who do you wanna expel?||Likely plays when the player purchases the "suspend" hammer.|
|Alright, I'll take care of it.|
|Okay, I'll let them know.|
|You are a JERK!|
|TBA||Come back when you're a little... MMM- Richer!||Likely plays when the player does not have enough You Thought Points to buy an item.|
|TBA||You break it, you buy it! ...I'm usually the one who breaks it though.||Likely plays when the player purchases an item.|
- "He's voiced by my sister if you can believe it, same VA as Mrs. Pomp!" - mystman12. September 12, 2020. Twitter
- "She's actually the one who came up with the character too, when we were kids. I did the drawing though as she never really decided on what he should look like!" - mystman12. September 12, 2020. Twitter
|About page • Mentioned • Unused/Removed • Comic-exclusive • Category|
Joe* • Johnny
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive, *: Only mentioned|