- For a similar HUD, see Inventory.
Main GameplayIn Hide-and-Seek or Story Mode, the counter is used for collecting notebooks during the main gameplay. The Player's mission is to explore the Schoolhouse or the Super Schoolhouse depending on the games, and collect all the notebooks before managing to escape:
|Floors||Number of notebooks|
|Floor 1||3 to 5 notebooks|
|Floor 2||6 or 7 notebooks|
|Floor 3||9 notebooks|
|Challenges or games||Number of notebooks|
|Baldi's Basics Classic, Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, Stealthy and Grapple Challenge||7 notebooks|
|Full Game Early Demo||8 notebooks|
|Speedy Challenge||25 notebooks|
In Endless Mode, the item counter goes infinite.
A different item counter will display in field trips. In the camping field trip, the version of this counter HUD is used for collecting firewood in an unlimited number, although the more the Player collects, the slower they get due to carrying a huge amount of firewood until dropping them on the ground or putting them in the campfire for points.
In the Field Trip demo: Camping, the item counter is white instead of black, uses a different font, and has the word "Sticks" instead of "Logs"
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, the item counter is changed a few times through update versions:
- Before V1.3, the early version of the notebook counter lacks the "Notebooks" text.
- Before V1.4, the text of the counter seems thicker and less pixelated.
- In some images in the V1.4 update post, the notebook counter has different font styles, but they are not implemented into the game.
- In the earliest version of the Field Trip demo: Camping, the size of the firewood counter was much smaller than the current version. Same goes for the points and timer.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, it is possible to extend the maximum counter of notebooks to 9/9. If the slash (/) is removed, then it becomes the number 99 seen numerous times in the game.
- ↑ Status Update #1 - Getting started! | Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! | October 1, 2018 | Kickstarter
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Controls • Options • Save System|
|End Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Lives • Secret Codes • Subtitles|