- For a similar HUD, see Inventory.
The counter is used for collecting notebooks during the main gameplay. The player's mission is to explore the Schoolhouse or the Super Schoolhouse depending on the game, and collect all the notebooks before managing to escape:
- Note: Level generation errors may result in less notebooks than usual.
|Floor||Number of notebooks|
|Challenges, modes or games||Number of notebooks|
|Story Mode, Stealthy and Grapple Challenge||7|
|Full Game Early Demo||8|
|Endless Mode||Infinite (7 respawning notebooks)|
A different item counter would display in field trips prior to Baldi's Basics Plus V0.3. In the previous version of the camping field trip, the version of this counter HUD was used for collecting logs in an unlimited number, although the more the player collected, the slower they got due to carrying a huge amount of logs until putting them in the campfire for points.
In Field Trip demo: Camping, the item counter is white instead of black, uses a different font, and has the word "Sticks" instead of "Logs". The player can also reduce the amount of logs by dropping them on the ground.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- The item counter was changed a few times through update versions:
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- It is possible to extend the maximum counter of notebooks to 9/9 in the glitched school, similar to floor 3. If the slash (/) is removed, then it becomes the number 99 seen numerous times in the game.
- Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping
- In the earliest version, the size of the log counter was much smaller than the current version. This also applied to the points and timer.
- Status Update #1 - Getting started! | Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! | October 1, 2018 | Kickstarter
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Control • Option • Save System|
|Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Ambience • Lives • Red Lights • School Rules • Subtitles|
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|