|“||I'm gonna take your CAɴᴅʏ.||”|
— It's a Bully when speaking to the Player (before taking the Player's items)
It's a Bully is, hence his name, a school bully of Here School in Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. He is a poorly modeled humanoid male that stands still around the school blocking the hallways, presumably existing in the game because it is believed that "every good school needs a good bully!", according to his description in the Principal's Office.
It's a Bully appears as a poorly-modeled CGI human figure with an orange ellipsoid for a torso, blue cylinders for limbs, and small, peach-colored balls for hands and feet. Both arms and legs have the same model. He has an incredibly distorted and malformed face with so-called "beady" eyes (due to the overall dithering effect), a gaping mouth with orange lips that clips into where his neck would be, a wide asymmetrical nose and brown hair. He doesn't wear shoes, and he has a brown text floating from the left side next to his head that says "THIS IS A BULLY" in all-caps. His pose appears to be in the middle of a run cycle. He speaks in a quiet voice but every word at the end of a quote he says leaves an echoing effect on last words of each line.
Being the school bully, It's a Bully's only antagonize-worthy hobby is taking items upon getting close to the Player, making him to appear as selfish and greedy. He thinks if the Player has no items, they shouldn't pass. This shows that It's a Bully likes to get what he wants.
It's a Bully will stand still around the start or end of hallways in the school, sometimes switching positions as he might block the Player's path completely.
If the Player attempts to approach It's a Bully, he will steal a random item from their inventory. Afterwards, he will mysteriously vanish and let the Player pass. However, if the Player approaches It's a Bully with nothing in their inventory, he will continue to block the Player's path, forcing the Player to go another way, if there is one.
It's a Bully is assumed to be the lowest threat of the bunch as he is stationary and only really blocks one hall at a time, but he can still be a problem if the Player is running from Baldi (especially if he is right behind them) and the Bully just so happens to get in the way, forcing the Player to either change paths or sacrifice an item. The Player must keep in mind that It's a Bully will take any of their three items, so they must be willing to give up any of said items. It's a Bully cannot be pushed with the usage of BSODA, nor even can be pushed by Gotta Sweep.
It's a Bully can be passed if the door is open long enough.
If Principal of the Thing spots him in the halls, he will send him to detention and open up the path that the bully was blocking, allowing the Player to pass.
It's a Bully has a cool-down time of 90 seconds.
In the camping trip, It's a Bully will hide behind the forest tree. He will stalk the Player endlessly until caught, once he catches the Player he will come out from behind the tree and take the Player's sticks. This can be a big problem when the fire is almost out, the Player must avoid him if they see any tree that appears to be moving or if witnessing It's a Bully behind it.
- It's a Bully is one of the characters who first appear in Baldi's Basics classic version.
- It's a Bully's model was actually created by mystman12 years before the development for Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning started.
- It's a Bully spawns in front of the exit that the Player starts the game at. This was found by teleporting to the location of It's a Bully at the start of the game.
- There's a formally unused image called "PlaceFace" in the game's files which appears to be a non-distorted version of this character's head, seen in screenshots on the developer's Twitter. The final model of It's a Bully's head does seem to use the distorted and water effect. The unused image is later recycled as a separated character who can be found in the Baldi's Basics - Field Trip Demo behind a secret door outside of the map and hidden in the TestRoom from the main game.
- The line "I'm gonna take your candy" has been inspired by the YouTube video "preschool bully" by PilotRedSun (a YouTuber that mystman12 is a fan of), according to mystman12 during his stream on playing his own game for the first time. All of It's a Bully's voice lines have an echo effect applied to the last word.
- The large "THIS IS A BULLY" text may be a reference to bad anti-bullying videos.
- If the Player gets close to the Bully, he will say a random line, even if the Player has not given him an item.
- Prior to version update 1.3 of the original non-full game, It's a Bully will not be taken to detention directly upon being spotted by the Principal of the Thing.
- When It's a Bully disappears after an encounter or isn't being used, he is stored underneath the map.
- According to his description in the Principal's Office, his presence is considered necessary. Ironically, one of the rules on some of the posters state "no bullying".
- In the "Thank you!" image from the Kickstarter, It's a Bully's lips are red due to the model not having the dithering effect unlike the sprite in-game.
- According to the mystman12's live stream archive, It's a Bully was one of the first characters that he thought of when making the game, due to timing restraints.
|I'm gonna take your CAɴᴅʏ.||Played when the Player approaches the bully.|
|Give me something GRᴇᴀᴛ.||Another voice line for when the Player approaches the bully.|
|I'll take that, it's mine ɴᴏᴡ.||Played when the bully steals one of the Player's items.|
|Thanks for the generous DONᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.||Another voice line for when he is stealing one of the Player's items.|
|What?! No items? No items, no ᴘᴀss.||Played when the Player tries to pass him without any items.|
- ↑ https://twitter.com/mystman12/status/1008196382304407553
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HP1NmoWMdw&t=1h01m35s
- ↑ https://twitter.com/mystman12/status/1030465507701534725
Here School members
Field Trip-only characters
Easter Egg characters
|Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters|