- For a similar HUD, see Item Counter.
The inventory (or item slots*) is an item storage system in the Baldi's Basics series, shown on the top-right corner of the screen.
The Player can scroll the mouse wheel or pressing the number key (1 to 5 keys by default) to select different items.
To swap an item the Player has to left click an item with another item selected. The Player will pick up the new item and the old one will be left on. If the Player approaches It's a Bully while having items, he will take a random item from their inventory.
The item the Player have selected will have a red background in its square. If the Player has an inventory slot selected with nothing in it, then the item slot will just say "Nothing".
The inventory has a different design and can only hold 3 items at a time. Once the inventory is full, picking up an item will result in the previous item getting permanently removed.
- There will be a separated inventory to keep quarters in the future update, according to mystman12 during the livestream.
- Even though the "Nothing" icon () was built in Full Game Early Demo, it was not implemented in the later demos nor Baldi's Basics Plus.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Prior to V0.1.1, pressing the number key did not select the item.
- Classic/Birthday Bash
- Baldi teaches how to use the inventory after completing and collecting the first notebook. This does not occur in Baldi's Basics Plus and all demos.
- The inventory resembles a cut off piece of the You Can Think Pad.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- When using hacks by teleporting out of the map of Baldi's Office, one can see the item placeholder on the item slot.
- Prior to V1.3, the keyboard keys 1, 2, and 3 did not toggle the inventory.
- Prior to V1.4, when starting the game, the word of the first empty slot was "Item". But when the Player collected and used an item or selected another slot, the word for all empty slots would remain being "Nothing".
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
- Using the number buttons for some reason does not select the different item.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- When reaching the next floor, starting a field trip (prior to V0.3) or completing the Hide-and-Seek mode with an item in the first slot, when the floor starts, the first item will be selected but the text reads "Nothing".
- Prior to V0.1.1, key "6" existed in the key mapper.
- "I'm considering giving quarters in like a separate item slot in the full game so you stack quarters instead of having them to take off from your item slot. I'm-I'm thinking about getting you like five slots in the full game and then get this new separate quarter slot." - Livestream archive 1:12:13~1:12:29
- "You did great! Come here and get your prize! A shiny quarter! Just click on it with the left mouse button to pick it up! Then, when you find something you can use it on, right click on the object with the quarter selected! That's how you use items, you know." -
BAL GetPrize.wavfile from Baldi's Basics Classic's asset files
- "You did great! Come here and get your prize! Just click on it with the left mouse button to pick it up!" -
BAL GetPrize.wavfile from Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash's asset files
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Control • Option • Save System|
|Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Ambience • Lives • Red Lights • School Rules • Subtitles|
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive|