- The appreciation GIF image of Baldi giving a thumbs up when Baldi's Basics Classic is downloaded over hundred-thousand times is a direct reference to Sonic's Schoolhouse's image screen when beating the level with all 10/10 correct answers.
- The doors' textures have the same exact size as the ones for Sonic's Schoolhouse.
- The Math Machine's main texture is inspired by the chalkboard with a math problem in Sonic's Schoolhouse.
- The Number Balloons bear some similarities to Sonic's Schoolhouse's hopping number objects.
- The "Elephant hit" quote file heard in the TestRoom location on occasions is in reference to an unused audio clip of Sonic's Schoolhouse.
- Some of the textures seen in the Baldi's Basics Plus early access trailer are the same as lamp similar to ones from Sonic's Schoolhouse.
- The name entering system is very similar or identical to Sonic's Schoolhouse's one.
- The title screen in both Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Plus looks very similar to the Sonic's Schoolhouse boxart.
- Baldi's voice may have been inspired by the character Waluigi from the Super Mario franchise.
- 0th Prize's clothes may have been inspired by Mario's outfit, as both of them look similar. It could also reference an error in the episode Sneaky Lying Giant Koopas from The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3.
- The Challenge Mode may have been inspired by the Challenge Mode in New Super Mario Bros U.
ToeJam & Earl
- The randomized stages for the full game are inspired by ToeJam & Earl's randomized levels.
- The presents in Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash has a similar function to the ones in ToeJam & Earl which also gives a random item.
- One of the windows has a stunning similar shape to Microsoft Windows' 1985 trademark logo.
- The BSODA item, its name and slogan, references the Blue Screen of Death, an error screen displayed on a computer following a fatal system error.
- WD-NoSquee's name and design are inspired by WD-40. The item code in the game is referred as "
Kirkland Signature protein bar
Libman Precision Angle Broom
- Gotta Sweep's design is based on Libman Precision Angle Broom. The previous design was almost same as the original, but the bristles' color was changed in the current one.
- It's a Bully's "I'm gonna take your candy..." line is a direct reference to the "preschool bully" video.
- Although unconfirmed, Playtime's appearance, even the eyes and hair, has a very similar style to PilotRedSun's.
- 0th Prize was supposed to be Gotta Sweep's human form that mystman12 tried to draw with the similar style to PilotRedSun's.
The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Principal of the Thing's whistle is inspired by the character "Banana Joe" from The Amazing World of Gumball, however Principal of the Thing has a much lower pitched whistle.
- Both The Amazing World of Gumball and Baldi's Basics share an approach of making characters from different styles, such as drawn or 3D characters.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.