|“||No running in the halls!||”|
— Principal of the Thing
Hallways are long rectangular halls that connect rooms to each other in the Baldi's Basics series.
Each hallway is connected to any room by doors. Faculty doors lead to Faculty Rooms, class doors lead to Classrooms and the Principal's Office, a supplies door leads to Gotta Sweep's Closet, and some swinging doors can lead to most of special locations or to each other hallways by, which can be locked with a Swinging Door Lock, to prevent any entity from moving through it, including the Player.
Entities can move freely in this space. The Player will spend most of their time in the hallways, moving from room to room.
Some hallways can also be generated several chunks wide; these are unofficially known as areas.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, the jointed hallway by the Principal's Office appears to be darker than the rest of the hallways. Quarters can also be found randomly in some of the halls. One of the halls also has some plants.
- In Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping, the hallways are where the Player starts.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, Presents are found randomly around the halls instead of Quarters.
- In the games and demos prior to Baldi's Basics Plus, the only available hallways have a ceiling in gray with black with celling lights and white dots tiles, a yellow tile floor, and a white brick wall.
There are several different types of hallways.
Regular Hallways are extremely common and can vary in length. They are always 1 chunk thick.
Corners connect the ends of two perpendicular hallways. In Baldi's Basics Classic, walking into a corner resulted in Baldi unable to catch the Player.
An area is a special, rarer type of hallway that is more than 1 chunk thick. Walking into an area will result in the whole area highlighted instead of just the individual chunks.
Dead-ends are the rarest type of hallway containing only one way in and out. Pay Phones are commonly located at dead-ends.
- All of Principal of the Thing's accusatory sentences involve him saying that the action is occurring "in the halls", even if the Player is not in the hallways.
- Only hallways are affected by the alternate textures (if chosen).
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In V1.2, no Quarters could be found floating in the hallways except for one which only appeared when Baldi gave it to the Player after completing the first notebook.
- In V1.3 and later, a quarter randomly spawns in hallways.
- The dark hallway was first featured in V1.4. This is a concept for the Lights-Off events for the full game.
|The sound of loop light noise found in the dark hallway in Classic/Birthday Bash.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
|About Page • Comic-Exclusive Locations • Category|
|*: Non-Plus exclusive|