When the event occurs, the Super Schoolhouse flips upside down and floating gray gravity flippers will appear all over the hallways. If the player or NPC touches a gravity flipper, they will flip from the floor to the ceiling, and vice-versa. While the player is upside down, the "Strafe right" and "Strafe left" controls are switched around, so in order to move right during that time, they must press the "Strafe left" key to do so. The position of the captions (but not the text itself) is also horizontally flipped when the player is upside down.
The player cannot interact with any character that is oriented opposite in their perspective, but it is only limited to characters who can interact with them directly.
If NPCs, who can target the player, are oriented opposite to them, they will try to find the closest gravity flipper to correct their orientation. Therefore, NPCs will sometimes go to different direction to the player until their orientation is same as the player's.
After the event ends, everybody in the school will flip back onto the ground and all gravity flippers will disappear.
Here is a list of characters showing whether or not they can interact with the player while in opposite gravity.
- - Can interact with the player at all times
- - Can interact with the player in some cases
- - Cannot interact with the player while being oriented opposite
|Arts and Crafters||When he "attacks" the player while upside down, only the first clone in the animation will be upside down.|
|It's a Bully||He can still block the Grappling Hook if the player aims it at him.|
|Principal of the Thing||He can scold the player or It's a Bully for breaking the rules while oriented opposite.|
|1st Prize||He can accelerate towards the player, but cannot push them.|
|Gotta Sweep||He can sweep other characters all the time, however.|
|Cloudy Copter||Cloudy Copter's wind affects the player's movement whether he is oriented opposite or not.|
|Chalkles||Chalkles can pop out even if the player is upside down.|
|Beans||Beans can still spit gum when he sees the player.|
|Mrs. Pomp||She cannot invite them to her class when the player is upside down, but she can pick them up for being late to her class.|
|The Test||He cannot blind the player when they are upside down, but he is able to freeze every NPC if the player is looking at him.|
- This event is very likely inspired by Windows 95's 3D Maze screensaver, as both the game and the screensaver had texture-less gravity flippers around a maze that flipped the camera around. Despite this, it has not been confirmed if the reference is intentional.
- This event is possibly a reference to the secret code "53045009" for the You Can Think Pad in Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, which flips the player upside down.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- When the player or NPCs enter an area without a ceiling such as the playground or outdoor area, and the gravity is flipped, they will not fall as expected.
- Prior to V0.3.5, gravity flippers could appear in an elevator. Even if the elevator is closed, they would still be in the elevator until the event ends.
- Prior to V0.3.5, the time range was longer. Also, NPCs would still try to interact with the player, but they kept moving around the player while oriented opposite.
- In V0.3.5, if the player quitted the game or got caught by Baldi while they were upside down, the captions would remain horizontally flipped.
|About page • Category|