- For the challenge, see Grapple Challenge.
The Grappling Hook is a 3D model of a white hook and a gray handle attached with a black string. Before its name seen under the inventory, there is a number in brackets to indicate the number of times the player can use this item.
The Grappling Hook, upon used, will swiftly attach to whatever solid surface the player aims at, then pull the player towards that target at a very quick speed. However, if there is It's a Bully in their sight after he spawns, he will block it and steal an item when they reach him. If it hits a surface, then it has a crack and the crack will disappear after the player reaches the target completely.
This Grappling Hook can be used to escape from characters and/or skip their challenges, especially Playtime's skipping rope minigame. However, if the player is stuck in somewhere for a few seconds or teleported by other characters after the Grappling Hook hits a surface, it will be destroyed with a snapping sound.
Using this item to hit the trunk of a tree that bears An Apple for Baldi will cause the apple to fall to the ground and picked up. One of the classroom chalkboard has a visual of the instructions for how to obtain An Apple for Baldi using a Grappling Hook.
While the Big Ol' Boots is activated, the player will not be pulled until the item's effect expires.
- In the Grapple Challenge, the player has a Grappling Hook item in the first slot and it can be used indefinitely to move around.
A Grappling Hook can rarely be found in faculty rooms connected to large special rooms, the Principal's office during the party event, in the mystery room and as one of the possible rewards when successfully completing a field trip.
- Endless Mode - Medium
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the Grappling Hook is located in the faculty room with the deactivated 1st Prize. When using it on It's a Bully, it will stop at the chunk right in front of his location.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- When the Grappling Hook is snapped, it makes the same sound when Baldi breaks his ruler. Because of this, the subtitle's color is green like Baldi's.
- This makes the Grappling Hook the only item with different colored subtitles.
- Before Baldi's Basics Plus V0.2, the model of the Grappling Hook when used was the main sprite, and it does not have a sprite when the Hook hit a wall. Also, the Grappling Hook was one time use instead of 5 uses.
- Prior to V0.3.3, the item's icon was pixel based.
- In the Grapple Challenge, the item's name when selected says it has 5 uses, even though in that challenge, the Grappling Hook is infinite. In addition, when using in the challenge, the number became 4 and after one millisecond, it turned back to 5. However, it only applies when this item is in the first slot. Grappling Hooks in other slots have limited uses.
- In V1.0, the Grappling Hook would immediately disappear if the player was too close to the surface.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- If using a Grappling Hook in quick succession, sometimes the Grappling Hook will float in the air.
- Since V0.3.3, there is a very rare chance that any character may "block" the Grappling Hook if using it to them.
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
|N/A||When the player uses the Grappling Hook.
|Grappling Hook clang sound.|
|Loop sound for the Grappling Hook.|
|*SNAP*||Grappling Hook snapping.
|About Page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee