- For the item, see Grappling Hook.
In this challenge, the Player cannot walk, presumably due to their legs being broken; however, they will have the Grappling Hook at the very start and can use it infinitely, as it always reappears in the first inventory slot. The Player therefore has 4 empty slots to store other items.
It's a Bully will not take the Grappling Hook from the inventory, so that the Player can progress the game.
|Classrooms||Faculty Rooms||Special Rooms||Total|
|BSODA||WD-NoSquee||Swinging Door Lock||Quarter||Total|
- The Grapple Challenge is first featured in Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo as one of the first three challenges.
- The challenge's description has a grammatical error, where the first part reads as "You're legs might be broken," instead of "Your legs might be broken,".
- Even though It's a Bully appears in the challenge, his poster is not presented in the Principal's Office.
- It is unknown why there is a Principal's Office when Principal of the Thing is not featured in the challenge.
- In a future update, the Grapple Challenge will only be accessible once the Player obtains a Grappling Hook in the Hide-and-Seek mode.
- Prior to V0.1.3 of Baldi's Basics Plus, the Playground's trees in the Grapple Challenge were invisible but still had collision.
- If the Grappling Hook is spammed by the Player, sometimes the Grappling Hook will float in the air.
- Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo
- There were several differences prior to V1.1.
- There was a blue locker near the start of challenge instade of the red one. It is possible to prevent Baldi and other characters from ever spawning, by using the Grappling Hook on the blue locker near the starting elevator and spamming the interact key. Doing so will prevent the elevator from ever closing and Baldi from ever spawning, allowing the Player to freely beat the game. The only way to fix the bug is restarting or winning. mystman12 has yet to fix this core issue.
- A window from one of the walls had a blank (white) texture known to be the window mask.
- The Player could get stuck in doors and elevator shutters if they shut while being pulled towards them by using the Grappling Hook.
- It's a Bully would sometimes not disappear even when the Player has other items, not only the Grappling Hook.
- "My current plan is to unlock challenge maps as you discover stuff in the main game. So for example, you wouldn't unlock the grappling hook challenge map until you find the grappling hook in the main game. I'll probably end up making some challenges unlock by other means, like reaching a certain point in the main game or beating other challenge maps. So while some challenges may be locked behind beating the game, most will not." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
|About Page • Category|