When the Player gets caught by Baldi, the game will take them back to the elevator, making them try the floor they are in now again and they will lose a tube that represents a life. If no tubes are left, the game brings the Player back to the menu screen. However, in field trips, when Baldi catches them, they will be send back to the Super Schoolhouse.
The Player only has one life, but instead of leading to the menu screen, the game will display a screen for the results.
The Player also only has one life, but will be sent to menu screen immediately.
There is a 1 in 99 chance that a small, orange rectangle with the number "99" half-cropped away to look like a pair of eyeballs will appear after Baldi catches the Player. After a couple of seconds, a jumpscare will occur with the half cropped away 99 box now in a reddish hue appearing close to the screen along with loud distorted noises (called "
ohno.wav" in the asset files). The game crashes after 5 seconds.
All of the objects seen in the game over screens are not dithered, unlike most of the rest of the game, except for the half cropped 99 box.audio.
The Player has no lives, but instead they will immediately go back to the title screen.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- The music box is actually a real life product of the brand Yunsheng.
- The 99 game over sound effect actually plays twice before the game crashes, as the audio is actually looping audio; though it gets cut off almost immediately.
- The objects in the game over screens have better quality than anything else in the game. The 99 game over screen doesn't count towards this.
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- The jumpscare that occurs is the audio file HALP. The audio HALP is actually the original game .exe file imported into Audacity as Raw Data, then slowed down 8 times.
- This jumpscare is not intentional, but it was made by an accident.
|Plays when the "99" jumpscare occurs.
|Plays when the jumpscare occurs in Birthday Bash edition. This sound is also emitted by red SpoopBalloons.
- ↑ "I didn't mean to do that. it was actually an accident... The best kind of accident! :P" - mystman12. June 11, 2019. Twitter
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Configuration • Controls • Options • Save System|
|End Credits • Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Achievements • Lives • Secret Codes • Subtitles|