DescriptionIn Baldi's Basics Classic, there are a total of 6 screens for the game over. A random image will display when Baldi catches the Player before sending back to the menu screen; a blue fidget spinner, glasses case, pink scissors, telescope, and a music box.
There is a 1 in 99 chance that a small, orange rectangle with the number "99" half-cropped away to look like a pair of eyeballs will appear after Baldi catches the player. After a couple of seconds, a jump scare will occur with the half cropped away 99 box now in a reddish hue appearing close to the screen along with loud distorted noises (called "
ohno.wav" in the asset files). The game crashes after 5 seconds.
All of the objects seen in the game over screens are not dithered, unlike most of the rest of the game, except for the half cropped 99 box.Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, some screens, like the fidget spinner, glasses case, pink scissors, and music box, will rarely have a red jump scare function before causing the game to crash like the cropped 99 box, except with a different audio.
In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, there is also no game over screen, but instead, it will take the Player back to the elevator, making them try again in the floor they are in now and they will lose a tube that represents a life. If no tubes are left, the game brings the Player back to the title screen.
- The music box is actually a real life product of the brand Yunsheng.
- The 99 game over sound effect actually plays twice before the game crashes, as the audio is actually looping audio; though it gets cut off almost immediately.
- The objects in the game over screens have better quality than anything else in the game. The 99 game over screen doesn't count towards this.
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- The jump scare that occurs in Birthday Bash is the audio file HALP. The audio HALP is actually the original game .exe file imported into Audacity as Raw Data, then slowed down 8 times.
- This jump scare is not intentional, but it was made by an accident.
|Plays when the "99" jump scare occurs.
|Plays randomly when the fidget spinner, glasses case, pink scissors or music box jumpscare occurs in Birthday Bash edition. This sound is also emitted by red SpoopBalloons.
- ↑ "I didn't mean to do that. it was actually an accident... The best kind of accident! :P" - mystman12. June 11, 2019. Twitter
|Inventory • Item Counter • Stamina • Timer|
|Achievements • Configuration • Controls • Options • Save System|
|Score Points • You Thought Points|
|Game Over • Map • Pause Menu • Other Screens|
|Lives • Secret Codes|