There are various game modes that the Player can pick up and play. There are total of 5 game modes in Baldi's Basics Plus and 2 in Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash. However, there is no option to choose the game modes in demos, except for the Kickstarter exclusive demo.
- Main article: Hide-and-Seek
Completing the Hide-and-Seek mode for the first time will allow to put the custom seed before playing the game.
- Main article: Story Mode
- Main article: Endless Mode
Endless Mode is a secondary mode in the games. The goal is to collect as many notebooks as possible before Baldi catches the Player.
- Main article: Explorer Mode
Explorer Mode is same as Hide-and-Seek mode, but Baldi will disappear after the Player is far enough away from him, making them freely explore the Super Schoolhouse.
- Main article: Challenge Mode
Challenges mode shows the list of challenges to play.
- Main article: Field Trips (mode)
Field Trips mode shows available field trips for the practice.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In Baldi's Basics Classic versions prior to V1.3, there is no game mode selection, but only Story Mode is available.
- After V1.4 update, the Endless Mode button and the BACK button have switched positions.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, Hide-and-Seek mode was first introduced and is the only mode available.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, only Explorer Mode and Hide-and-Seek mode are available.
- Additionally, the names in the mode selection screen are different. Hide-and-Seek mode is named as 'Main Mode' and Explorer Mode is 'Free Run'.
- In Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo, only Challenges mode is available.
|List: About Page • Category|