The whole school is flooded, causing the Player and other characters to move slower. During this event, all doors will stay open, which makes it easier for the Player to enter the Classrooms, Faculty Rooms or Janitor's Closet without directly opening the doors to draw Baldi's attention, escaping detention without using the Principal's Keys, and getting out of a classroom when Chalkles becomes solid.
There are whirlpools which restrict the Player's movement. When they touch the whirlpool, they will be pulled forcefully into the center of it. If they do not get out in time, they will get teleported to a random location, similar to Arts and Crafters. The whirlpool will disappear after the teleport.
Other characters can get sucked in and teleported by the whirlpools as well.
- The flood was first revealed in a post on Kickstarter by mystman12 for the full game.
- In the first release of the early demo when the flood event is introduced, the Player's and characters' speed was halved. In the update V1.1, their speed was raised to three-quarters.
- Prior to V0.1.4 the whirlpools stole items instead as a temporary function in order to get the full game early demo released on time. The current function of the whirlpools was first mentioned in a Twitter post about the V0.1.4 update.
- The flood is seen with the new lighting system in one of the scenes of the Baldi's Basics Plus early access trailer.
- In the early demo and Kickstarter exclusive demo, the water texture seems more stretched out compared to the full game.
- There is an unused subtitle called *Whirlpool gurgling* from the game file. It is likely featured when the whirlpool appears.
- The sound of the whirlpool has an echo effect.
- There was a rare bug that caused the game to crash when touching the whirlpool.
- Prior to V0.1.4 of Baldi's Basics Plus, in a rare occasion, an item was stolen from the inventory even if the Player is not near the whirlpool.
|Water sound that plays continuously during the flood event.|
|The sound that the whirlpool makes during the flood event.|
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/193364415/baldis-basics-in-education-and-learning-full-game/posts/2573090
- ↑ "the whirlpools will probably not do that in the full game. I've had a different idea in mind for whirlpools, but it would have taken me too long to implement in time for the demo so I did the item stealing as a temporary thing." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
- ↑ "#BaldisBasics Plus version 0.1.4 will release tomorrow morning! Alongside the regular bug fixes and tweaks, whirlpools have been reworked. They now suck the player and NPCs in, and then teleport them somewhere else on the map. No more losing items to whirlpools!" - mystman12. July 24, 2020. Twitter
- ↑ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=162Rp3OMLkg&t=18s
- ↑ "If items are getting taken from you while not near a whirlpool, that's a bug." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
|List: About Page • Category|