The whole school is flooded, causing the Player and other characters to move slower. During this event, all regular doors will stay open, which makes it easier for the Player to enter the Classrooms, Faculty Rooms, Principal's Office or Gotta Sweep's Closet without directly opening the doors to draw Baldi's attention, escaping detention without using Principal's Keys, and getting out of a classroom when Chalkles becomes solid.
There are whirlpools which restrict the Player's movement. When they touch the whirlpool, they will be pulled forcefully into the center of it. If they do not get out in time, they will get teleported to a random location, similar to Arts and Crafters. The whirlpool will disappear after the teleport.
Other characters can get sucked in and teleported by the whirlpools as well.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo and Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, the water texture seems more stretched out. The whirlpools suck items as a temporary function in order to get the full game early demo released on time. If any character including the Player gets dragged around by a whirlpool for several seconds, it will disappear. This function was also applied to Baldi's Basics Plus, but prior to V0.1.4.
- The flood event was first revealed in a post on Kickstarter by mystman12.
- The current function of the whirlpools was first mentioned in a Twitter post about the V0.1.4 update.
- In the current version of Baldi's Basics Plus, the whirlpool's gurgling sound is unused.
- In the first release of the early demo when the flood event was introduced, the Player's and characters' speed was halved. In the update V1.1, their speed was raised to three-quarters.
- The sound of the whirlpool has an echo effect.
- Prior to Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.4 update, in a rare occasion, an item was stolen from the inventory even if the Player wasn't near the whirlpool.
- Before V0.2.2 of Baldi's Basics Plus, if a character was sucked by a whirlpool, it would be flipped upside-down when exiting the whirlpool.
- Unlike the Gravity Chaos event, upside-down characters made by this glitch can interact with the Player.
- There was a rare bug that caused the game to crash when touching the whirlpool.
|N/A||The water sound that plays continuously during the flood event.|
|*Whirlpool gurgling* (unused)||The sound that the whirlpool makes during the flood event. This sound is only used in Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo and Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
- "the whirlpools will probably not do that in the full game. I've had a different idea in mind for whirlpools, but it would have taken me too long to implement in time for the demo so I did the item stealing as a temporary thing." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
- Status Update #9 - A look at upcoming demos! | Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! | July 23, 2019 | Kickstarter
- "#BaldisBasics Plus version 0.1.4 will release tomorrow morning! Alongside the regular bug fixes and tweaks, whirlpools have been reworked. They now suck the player and NPCs in, and then teleport them somewhere else on the map. No more losing items to whirlpools!" - mystman12. July 24, 2020. Twitter
- "If items are getting taken from you while not near a whirlpool, that's a bug." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
|About Page • Category|