Currently, the event only occurs on floor 2. The cause of the halls and rooms flooding seems to be a leak, based on the event's description. The whole school is flooded, causing all of the characters to move slower. During this event, all standard doors will stay open, which makes it easier for the player to enter classrooms, faculty rooms, the Principal's office, or Gotta Sweep's closet without directly opening the doors to draw Baldi's attention, escape detention without using the Principal's Keys, and get out of a classroom when Chalkles becomes solid.
Whirlpools will spawn in any location. Unless the Big Ol' Boots are used, the player will be pulled forcefully into the center of the whirlpool, if coming close to it. When they get sucked into the center of the whirlpool, they will get teleported to a random location, similar to the Dangerous Teleporter item. The whirlpool will disappear after teleporting.
Other characters except for It's a Bully and Chalkles can also get sucked up and teleported by the whirlpools as well.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo and Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, the water texture seems more stretched out. The whirlpools get rid of the player's items as a temporary function in order to get the Full Game Early Demo released on time. If any character including the player gets dragged around by a whirlpool for several seconds, it will disappear. This function was also applied to Baldi's Basics Plus, but prior to V0.1.4.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- The current function of the whirlpools was first mentioned in a Twitter post about the V0.1.4 update.
- In the current version, the whirlpool's gurgling sound is unused.
- If the flood event is over while the player is being sucked up in a whirlpool, it will cancel the teleportation.
- A room can only have one or two whirlpools, but the playground can have multiple whirlpools.
- If NPCs have not been fully sucked in by the whirlpool, they could still detect the player if the player is nearby.
- In the first release of the early demo when the flood event was introduced, the player's and characters' speed was reduced to 50%. In update V1.1, their speed was raised to 75%.
- The sound of the whirlpool has an echo effect.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- When the flood first happens, the sound effect fades in; but for a split second, it starts out at max volume before fading in.
- During this event, some items cannot be grabbed in specific angles.
- If the player is teleported from the library while sinking, they can hear sounds.
- In a classroom or faculty room, there is a chance that a whirlpool can be underneath a piece of furniture, like a desk or a chair, which means any character will get sucked in the whirlpool and collide with the furniture.
- Prior to V0.1.4 update, in a rare occasion, an item was stolen from the inventory even if the player was not near the whirlpool.
- Prior to V0.2.2, if any character was sucked by a whirlpool, they would be flipped upside-down when exiting the whirlpool.
- Unlike the Gravity Chaos event, upside-down characters made by this glitch could interact with the player.
- There was a rare bug that caused the game to crash when touching the whirlpool.
|N/A||The water sound that plays continuously during the flood event.|
|*Whirlpool gurgling* (unused caption)||The sound that the whirlpool makes during the flood event. This sound is only used in Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo and Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
- "the whirlpools will probably not do that in the full game. I've had a different idea in mind for whirlpools, but it would have taken me too long to implement in time for the demo so I did the item stealing as a temporary thing." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
- Status Update #9 - A look at upcoming demos! | Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! | July 23, 2019 | Kickstarter
- "#BaldisBasics Plus version 0.1.4 will release tomorrow morning! Alongside the regular bug fixes and tweaks, whirlpools have been reworked. They now suck the player and NPCs in, and then teleport them somewhere else on the map. No more losing items to whirlpools!" - mystman12. July 24, 2020. Twitter
- "If items are getting taken from you while not near a whirlpool, that's a bug." - mystman12. September 19, 2019. Kickstarter comments section
|About page • Category|