|Uh oh. Something is not as it seems about this page. It seems bad alright. The game has been detected with hidden deep lore, with possible spoiler details uncovered. Wait... Was it just a bug that happened regularly? - 99|
|“||Wow, great job. *static skids* Please try and do worse though I need to- ████████||”|
— Filename2's voice in normal ending
Filename2 is a mysterious, corrupted character who remains hidden in Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash. He has yet to reappear in Baldi's Basics Plus to have his origins revealed and what would currently happen to him.
Filename2 appears to be a nearly invisible entity, being nothing more than a T-posing set of photo-realistic clothes, hair, eyebrows, and eyes. He wears blue jeans and a red T-shirt. There is what appears to be a very thin line under where his feet would be. Compared to the other characters, he seems to have the highest quality sprite with the least amount of dithering added to his appearance.
Based on the scaling of Baldi's ruler, he has the same height (in-game) as tutor Baldi: 6.6 feet (201.17 centimeters).
Filename2 breaks the fourth wall, feeling obviously aware of why or how he is in the game. He claims that he is corrupted for classified reasons, in reference to his voice being glitched: His voice from the game's original edition sounds as if he is speaking through a radio, and interrupted with loud beeps every few seconds. In Birthday Bash, his glitched-up voice may have gotten worse, inferred from the fact that he coughs a lot, the radio-like static's quality lowered, and a lot of now-even louder electronic noises playing randomly on quick occasions, making his voice now much harder to understand.
His main goal is to encourage the Player to destroy the game before something terrible happens.
Baldi's Basics Classic
Filename2's voice is first heard during the normal ending screen, where he congratulates the Player and informs them to do worse when replaying the game, presumably so they can meet him.
In the alternate ending after answering every question wrong in all 7 notebooks, once the Player reaches the last exit, they are transported to a short hallway near Baldi's Office. Upon entering the room, Filename2 will be seen standing behind a desk with a banana to his right floating in the air. Filename2 will seem to be surprised by the Player's arrival, and warn them to never tell anyone about the game, close it, destroy it, and never play it again. Once he finishes his speech, the game will crash.
Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
Filename2 is found in the Principal's Office, able to be reached after the schoolhouse turns dark if the Player uses a Teleportation Teleporter, using noclip hack or puts "53045009" into the You Can Think Pad.
He is once again surprised by the Player's cleverness in finding him but is disappointed that they have not destroyed the game yet. As he is fully aware of the game itself, Filename2 mentions that the Birthday Bash game is a demo for Baldi's Basics Plus. He warns the Player again that something bad will happen if they do not destroy the game in time. After done speaking, the game crashes just like in Baldi's Basics Classic.
- There is a chance that Principal of the Thing and Filename2 could actually be a photo of a poorly edited mystman12. It is not confirmed, but it is assumed to be him.
- When voicing Filename2, mystman12 used a distorted version of his natural speaking voice while using the audio-editing program Audacity. It was encoded by GSM 6.10 and sample rate game itself in 8000 from editing voice.
- It is a high possibility that the Zalgo-texted parts of the game's descriptions are Filename2 telling the Player to not download them, as he does not want the Player to play the game.
- Filename2's voice is heard at the end of the Kickstarter video, congratulating the Player on finishing the video.
- The word "jeepers" could possibly be a reference to the mystery animation series Scooby-Doo, as Daphne uses this word numerous times during the series between 1999-2000 when shocked or surprised. This makes sense, as Filename2 seems surprised at the Player's skill during both encounters.
- In the Kickstarter video, Joshua Valent can be seen doing a T-pose in a striking fashion to Filename2, during a short sequence after mystman12 starts laughing about the "lore". Although he does has a haircut and wear a red T-shirt like Filename2, Joshua's pants is a pair of brown shorts rather than blue jeans.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- In V1.3 of the game, the alternate ending is broken. Filename2 is supposed to say his dialogue and then the game is supposed to close afterwards, however, a coding mistake causes the game to close the moment Filename2 starts speaking. This was fixed in V1.3.1.
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- Filename2 uses the fourth wall breaks as he tells the Player to delete the game. This does not land him into detention despite the fact that one of the School Rules is "no fourth-wall breaks", as Principal of the Thing is not around at the time.
- However, Filename2 being found in the Principal's Office in Birthday Bash might imply that he was caught for breaking the fourth wall.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
|Wow, great job. *static skids* Please try and do worse though I need to- ████████||Normal ending.|
|Oh jeepers, you found me! Good job, I'm glad you found me. Look I have something... kind of important t-to say- ████ It's about th-the game... Don't- ████ Uh, Eh. Don't- ████ Don't, just, *laughter* this is.. This is probably looking pretty ridiculous- ████ Don't tell anyone about this game. You wanna.. Don't, don't bring attention to yourself. Destroy- destroy the game. Destroy the game... before... it's too late. ████ What I'm saying is... is get out of this, while you still can. ████ Just, don't- don't- no. You probably- no I'm not someone trapped inside the game, that would be ridiculous, no um.. ████ I can't... this is... I'm not... the game was... kind of... ████ I got really corrupted. Yeah, I... ████ I don't know what to say. Just... Just trust me. We gotta- ████ This isn't... This seems... I me- I mean it seems... oh. ████ They'd know I.. They intentionally... that's... I guess... I can't- They can't tell you, and some... stuff is classified. I can't say it. ████ I wish I could say more. I can't talk normally I- it's corrupted. There's- ████ ... Yeah... ████ Just... close the program. Destroy it. Never come back. ████████||During the alternate ending.
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
|Jeepers, you found me again? Wow I... ████ you must be pretty clever. I didn't think you'd find me here. Huhh.. well, ████ you sure aren't clever enough to listen to me. I said to destroy this game before something bad hap- ████ You know... this is more bad than good, I have... *coughing* ████ It's weird, it's completely different- ████ Let me finish- ████ I don't- Idiot- ████ thought it would be a great idea to produce the demo completely separately from the mai- ████ Oh my gosh. Ha, ha, ha- *coughing* ████ Just listen to me, and uh... STOP messing around with this. ████ *sneezing* I don't know why I'm coughing... ack... *sneezing* How does- ████ You think- ████ I'm so psyched... that I'm very REALLY- ████ Look, I told you once, this is the last time I'm gonna tell you. Destroy this game. Don't let anybody else know about it... before ████ *coughing* ████ something terrible happens to you. ████████||In the Principal's Office (after entering the darkened school).
|Congratulations! You finished the video!||4:55|
|About Page • Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters • Comic-Exclusive Characters • Category|
Filename2* • SpoopBalloons*
|Italic: Unreleased, *: Non-Plus exclusive, **: Only mentioned|