- "Door" redirects here. For other uses, see Door (disambiguation).
Doors are one of the major structures of Baldi's Basics Plus, allowing access to different locations. The doors also play a crucial role for Baldi to find the Player's location just by the sound of a door opening. The Player can open the doors by left-clicking or touching the button on them.
When the door is opened, it will automatically close itself after 3 seconds.
A special door type, called a swinging door, comes in a few different designs that function as obstacles.
There are five different types of doors: class doors, faculty doors, Baldi door, placeholder door and mystery door. The WD-NoSquee item can be used on the doors to make them silent, preventing them from being heard by Baldi. The back of each door is always the class door, unless if the door is only in the room
Class doors, or blue doors, are very common and usually connect to classrooms where the Player can find notebooks. All characters can open blue doors. Blue doors also connect to the Principal's Office. All class doors have number 99, the number found and heard several times.
Faculty doors appear to be wooden with the title "School Faculty Only" on it. They lead to faculty rooms where the Player can find more useful equipment like the Principal's Keys, Energy Flavored Zesty Bars, and Alarm Clocks.
If the Player enters or exits a Faculty Room near Principal of the Thing, they will get placed in detention, unless the Faculty Nametag item is in action. Unless directly entering the room, opening the front door while the Principal is there does not count as a rule violation.
A supplies door is the door exclusively used on the Gotta Sweep's closet.
The Baldi door, or green door, is exclusive for Baldi's Office. When opened, the opened section of the door for Baldi's Office is not transparent, and instead, distorted. The Player can still somehow pass through the door.
A placeholder door is a blue door with a red "DOOR" text. This door is used for the Janitor's Closet prior to V0.2 or a big room with placeholder textures appearing until Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.4. The placeholder door opens on the right side, unlike other doors which open on the left. This could have just been a mistake.
- Prior to the Kickstarter exclusive demo, each door backs' texture is the same as in front's.
- In Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, the Janitor's Closet's door is a class door.
- There are 24 doors altogether in the original Schoolhouse.
- However, if the door to Baldi's Office is counted, then it will be 25 in total.
- There are 8 doors in the Glitched School.
- There are 14 doors in the Super Schoolhouse in the Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo.
- Before Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.3 update, the door did not make a sound when NPCs such as Baldi open it.
- All doors are not models but just 2D textures with collision; there are two textures for each door (open and closed), with the exclusion of swinging doors, which also have the locked texture, and the dark open, closed, locked, the coin door texture and the right and wrong way textures.
- The faculty doors are created with usage of a pre-existing pattern in GIMP.
- The doors have the same image size as the Sonic's Schoolhouse door images.
|*Door opens*||The sound when opening the door.|
|*SLAM!*||The sound when the door closes.|
- ↑ "The window and faculty door textures were created using a preexisting pattern in GIMP." - Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning by mystman12 for Meta Game Jam | itch.io
|List: About Page • Category|