Cloudy Copter is a poorly-modeled, levitating white cloud object with a shape vaguely resembling a helicopter, hence his name. He has two round eyes each sporting some black dots as pupils, and a rat-like mouth with six whiskers, which are based on wind effects.
According to his description from the Principal's office, Cloudy Copter merely enjoys being a cloud doing "cloudy things". This might mean that he likes imitating a cloud while he is not exactly a cloud.
Cloudy Copter roams around the hallways, and eventually, Cloudy Copter will stop and blow strong wind down a hallway for 10 to 30 seconds. Depending on the direction, the wind will make the player or other characters (excluding It's a Bully and Chalkles) move slower or faster. The wind works similar to the conveyor belt, but any character who can ignore the conveyor belt can also be affected by it.
Sometimes he can be more helpful to the player, as the wind gives the player a much faster speed, or slows down NPCs such as Baldi. It can also be used on interrupting Playtime's jump rope minigame, but it does not work if only Playtime is pushed by the wind.
While Cloudy Copter is blowing wind, he stops if he is being swept by Gotta Sweep or sprayed by a BSODA. The Big Ol' Boots item will allow the player to pass through Cloudy Copter's strong winds at a normal speed.
- In Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping, Cloudy Copter only appears in the camping field trip and seems twice bigger than his current size.
- In this demo, he will only spawn when the campfire gets bright enough while the player is far away from it. Once he is spawned, he will descend from the sky towards the campfire and begin blowing on it, causing the fire to dim twice faster than normal. The only way to prevent Cloudy Copter from blowing out the fire completely is to go near the fire so that he will get scared and flee. This is the same case for Cloudy Copter's camping field trip appearance in Baldi's Basics Plus until V0.3.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, Cloudy Copter made his first Super Schoolhouse appearance.
- Cloudy Copter is inspired by something mystman12 gets creeped out by in another game, but he has never revealed any other details, keeping Cloudy Copter's inspiration as a secret.
- According to mystman12's comment on Baldi's Basics Kickstarter page, Cloudy Copter was originally named "Cumulonincompoop" (portmanteau name of the cumulonimbus cloud and the insulting slang "nincompoop"), but he ultimately decided to change it due to lack of sense.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Prior to V0.3, by hacking in the camping field trip and/or going far enough in the camping trip with/without hacking, Cloudy Copter can be seen floating idly above the map when he is inactive. Also, with hacks, flying up to the sky to get close to him will make his "*POOF*" sound play rapidly as long as the player stays near it.
- He stops moving when there is no way to get back to the hallways. This can be seen when he is in the cafeteria or playground and all swinging doors to the hallways are locked.
- Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping
- The file name of his sprite is
CloudyCopterFinal. Similar to the It's a Bully and Classic/Birthday Bash main menu screens case, there may have been different appearances while creating this character.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Prior to V0.1.4, when the party event started and Cloudy Copter was still blowing wind, Cloudy Copter would move but the wind did not disappear.
- Prior to V0.2, when the player hid in the locker while the player was blown, then got out, the blowing speed for the player duplicated and all the wind movement would not stop when the player got out until the wind disappeared.
|*WIND BLOWING*||When Cloudy Copter is blowing his wind.|
|*POOF*||When the player scares him away in the camping field trip prior to Plus V0.3.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash
- Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo
- Baldi's Basics Plus alpha
- "Well, it looks *vaguely* like a helicopter. :P" - mystman12. August 20, 2018. Twitter
- "The whiskers actually are inspired by wind effects!" - mystman12. August 29, 2018. Twitter
- "He's easily the most nonsensical character I've added. :P He's actually inspired by something from another game that always creeped me out... If anyone can figure out what it is, I'll be pretty shocked!" - mystman12. August 19, 2018. Twitter
- "It's a secret... For now!" - mystman12. August 20, 2018. Twitter
- "The new character's name is Cloudy Copter. I originally just sort of wanted to make it look like a cloud, but after messing around with his model it ended it look like a helicopter. So that's what I named him! My original idea for his name was something like Cumulonincompoop, but I decided against it because like, it didn't really make any sense. :P" - mystman12's Kickstarter comment
|About page • Mentioned • Unused/Removed • Comic-exclusive • Category|
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive, *: Only mentioned|