Cloudy Copter is a poorly-modeled, levitating white cloud object with a shape faintly resembling a helicopter (hence his name). He has two round eyes each sporting some black dots as pupils, and a protruding mouth with six black lines to signify the blowing (these are commonly mistaken as whiskers).
According to his description from Principal's Office, Cloudy Copter merely enjoys being a cloud doing "cloudy things". This might mean that he likes imitating a cloud while he is not exactly a cloud.
Cloudy Copter roams around the hallways, eventually, Cloudy Copter will stop and blow strong wind down a hallway, making the Player and even other characters (excluding It's a Bully) difficult to walk or run normally, similar to the conveyor belt, function-wise. Sometimes he can be more helpful to the Player, as the wind gives the Player a much faster speed. He can also be handy if the Player hides in a blue locker and he's blowing in a specific direction where Baldi gets pushed away.
While slowing down the Player's speed with his wind, Cloudy Copter can be stopped quickly by getting swept by Gotta Sweep or sprayed by a BSODA. The Big Ol' Boots item will allow the Player to pass through Cloudy Copter's strong winds at a normal speed.
Cloudy Copter appeared in the camping field trip until Baldi's Basics Plus V0.3. He will only spawn when the campfire gets bright enough while the Player is far away from it. Once he is spawned, he will descend towards the campfire and begin blowing on it, causing the fire to dim twice faster than normal. The only way to prevent Cloudy Copter from blowing out the fire completely is to go near the fire, and he will then be scared off.
- In Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping, Cloudy Copter only appears in the camping field trip and seems twice bigger than his current size.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, Cloudy Copter made his first Super Schoolhouse appearance.
- Cloudy Copter is inspired by something mystman12 gets creeped out by in another game, but he has never revealed any other details, keeping Cloudy Copter's inspiration as a secret.
- According to mystman12's comment on Baldi's Basics Kickstarter page, Cloudy Copter was originally named "Cumulonincompoop" (portmanteau name of the cumulonimbus cloud and the insulting slang "nincompoop") but he ultimately decided to change it due to lack of sense.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Beans' gum affects Cloudy Copter's movement even though the gum does not even visually stick to Cloudy Copter.
- Prior to V0.3, by hacking in the camping field trip and/or going far enough in the camping trip with/without hacking, Cloudy Copter can be seen floating idly above the map when he is inactive. Also, with hacks, flying up to the sky to get close to him will make his "*POOF*" sound play rapidly as long as the Player stays near it.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Prior to V0.1.4, when the party event starts and Cloudy Copter is still blowing wind, Cloudy Copter will move but the wind does not disappear.
- Prior to V0.2, when the Player hides in the locker while the Player is blown, then gets out, the blowing speed for the Player duplicates and all wind movement will not disappear when the Player gets out until the wind disappears.
|*WIND BLOWING*||Sound for when Cloudy Copter is blowing wind.|
|*POOF*||Sound for when the Player scares him away in the camping field trip prior to V0.3.|
- "Well, it looks *vaguely* like a helicopter. :P" - mystman12. August 20, 2018. Twitter
- "The whiskers actually are inspired by wind effects!" - mystman12. August 29, 2018. Twitter
- "He's easily the most nonsensical character I've added. :P He's actually inspired by something from another game that always creeped me out... If anyone can figure out what it is, I'll be pretty shocked!" - mystman12. August 19, 2018. Twitter
- "It's a secret... For now!" - mystman12. August 20, 2018. Twitter
- "The new character's name is Cloudy Copter. I originally just sort of wanted to make it look like a cloud, but after messing around with his model it ended it look like a helicopter. So that's what I named him! My original idea for his name was something like Cumulonincompoop, but I decided against it because like, it didn't really make any sense. :P" - mystman12's Kickstarter comment
|About Page • Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters • Comic-Exclusive Characters • Category|