Characters are the PCs and NPCs in the Baldi's Basics series, which can be students, school staff, and other things in the Schoolhouse or Super Schoolhouse alike. While all of the characters are obstacles to challenge or get away from, Baldi is the only hostile character to cause the game to end by contacting the Player themselves.
All of the non-player characters are designed as 2D sprites, similar to the items and environment objects. For the game's weird bizarre purpose, the characters lack the stylistic unity. The characters' sprites are scanned with CGI models, flash animation or 2D drawings, and realistic photography. To fit the game's nostalgia themes, most of them are edited with a dithering effect and a lot of size reduction.
- Main article: The Player
The Player is the only playable character and the main protagonist in the Baldi's Basics series.
- Please read this before editing the misspelling.
|Baldi||Great teacher due to his increible hearing abilities! He can not only tell where any sound came from, but who made it too!|
|Playtime||Despite her poor eyesight and short memory, she's always looking for a playmate!|
|Arts and Crafters||Shy, and tries to be avoided. Doesn't like being looked at, and gets jealous at people with more notebooks than him.|
|It's a Bully||Here at here school, we believe every good school needs a good bully! That's why we have this kid!|
|Principal of the Thing||"If I see anyone breaking the school rules, I'll make sure justice is served! It tastes good and fills my tummy!"|
|1st Prize||Won 1st Prize at the Science Fair! Loves hugging people, rushing towards anyone it sees. Sadly, it turns super slowly.|
|Gotta Sweep||What do you do when the school opens in 7 hours and you haven't hired a janitor? Hire a broom! It sweeps everything!|
|Cloudy Copter||A cloud who loves being a cloud doing cloudy things. Floats around and blows strong winds down halls.|
|Chalkles||Some kid drew this face and next thing you know it's floating around, laughing and making mischief.|
|Beans||Tries to impress others by blowing bubble gum bubbles, but usually just ends up spitting them out.|
|Mrs. Pomp||Hops around in her high-heeled shoe inviting students to her class. Make sure you're not late! Or else!|
|The Test||If you want to keep an eye on anyone, look no further than this fella! Don't forget where you last spotted him!|
filename2 is a mysterious character who appears completely different out of all characters in the game. One of the corrupted files hidden in the game, he is typically aware of the game, breaking the fourth wall by telling the Player to destroy the game before it is too late. In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, some other glitched entities are the
SpoopBalloons; the blue, purple, green, and orange
SpoopBalloons appear floating aimlessly while a swarm of buzzing red ones will constantly follow after the Player and do no harm. Plus, when entering the hidden room after the
SpoopBalloons puzzle is solved, a corrupted texture of Baldi-like character called
DSCI_0000 will appear randomly on any wall. All entities' origin or what they came from will have a stronger chance to be revealed in Baldi's Basics Plus.
Minor characters that appear hidden in secret locations as Easter Eggs. They lack their overall personal behavior functions as they take a very small role in the game. These include
0th Prize and
- Main article: Johnny
Johnny is the shopkeeper of the store. He will greet the Player upon entering the store in between floors. He will offer filled maps, items, and characters to expel. All of these things will cost You Thought Points in order to purchase them.
- The idea of characters appearing as 3D models, drawings, or photo-cropped may be based on the Cartoon Network animation series The Amazing World of Gumball where it also has a lack of stylistic unity on characters.
- All 3D-model characters (Baldi, It's a Bully, 1st Prize, Mrs. Pomp, The Test, PlaceFace, Cloudy Copter and Johnny seen from in the elevator) are made in a 1999 3D-modelling/animation program, Anim8or.
- All 2D-drawn characters are made in GIMP (Chalkles and Johnny), Paint.NET (Beans) and MS Paint (Playtime).
- Animals are the only characters that are made in pixels.
- Principal of the Thing and The Test are the only characters that are not really seen without the dithering effect.
- There is a Doppler effect where the characters' voicelines randomly change pitch and are distorted. For instance, it commonly happens with Gotta Sweep When sweeping characters. Currently in Baldi's Basics Plus, this effect only applied to Gotta Sweep and Arts and Crafters.
- All NPCs do not have eyesight through windows, so they cannot see the Player through them. The Player can see any NPC by them, however.
- In mystman12's July 25, 2020 post, a new character resembling Baldi was intentionally leaked. He has a slightly bigger ruler than Baldi's one. No official information has been revealed concerning whether or not this character is related to Baldi, or if it is even intended to be canon whatsoever.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Prior to V0.3, all characters are slower because this update patch increases the overall game speed.
- "With all these #Nintendo #leaks happening, it makes me wonder... Can I leak my own content? Let's try it and see what happens! COUGH" - mystman12. July 25, 2020. Twitter
|About Page • Mentioned • Unused/Removed • Comic-Exclusive • Category|
|Underlined: Unreleased, Italic: Non-Plus exclusive, *: Only mentioned|