|“||Let's go camping!||”|
The camping field trip takes place at around midnight, with the tent surrounded by mountains and evergreen trees. Baldi will guide the player on how the field trip works. Each campfire will have a different number which is the answer to each arithmetic problem. The logs that will fall into each campfire have a math question each.
The player needs to click in between campfires to switch them so that each set of logs will fall into the campfire with the number that is the answer to the math question displayed.
There are 3 campfires at the beginning, but after completing the 6th set, another campfire is added, so the player needs to solve 4 questions correctly per set.
If the player inputs the logs incorrectly, they will lose one star. If the answer to the math problem on the logs is smaller than the campfire's number, the fire burns out and if the answer is bigger, the fire becomes too huge.
After solving 10 sets of questions with at least one star left, a message appears in a chalkboard saying: "You done it! The fires are really warm! You've earned these prizes!". When losing all three stars, it says: "You lost?! Try better next time!".
In the Field Trips mode, the camping field trip consists of an infinite number of sets. It will end after there are no stars left. As the player progresses, division and 3-digit numbered questions are shown.
The camping field trip appears completely different prior to V0.3. The center of this area consisted of a campfire. The player had to search for logs in order to keep the campfire going. Baldi would start to chase the player if the fire goes out. When the player put more logs into the campfire, they would earn additional points or "extra score" in-game. After the timer reached -1, the player would earn You Thought Points and items depending on the final score. Other characters also appeared: Arts and Crafters would charge at the player if they go behind the "NO" signs for more than 10 seconds, and after a few seconds, he would teleport the player near the campfire along with Baldi himself next to the campfire if the fire is already out, so Baldi would still have a chance to end the player's field trip as well. Cloudy Copter was floating in mid-air at the beginning, but after 30 or more seconds later, he would descend into the ground and start blowing wind on the campfire, making it shrink two times faster than normal, but will vanish when the player comes near him. It's a Bully, hiding behind a tree, would sneak at the player and steal all of their logs upon contact, although he will not move if the player does not have any logs. Once he steals all the logs, he will flee away from the player and never come back.
The old description was "Collect and use sticks to keep the fire from burning out!".
- In Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping, the timer is located at the top right. The trees are a lot bigger. Arts and Crafters will take away the collected logs after teleporting and It's a Bully can move even if the player is looking at him or they do not have any logs. There are also some large wooden logs as a usage for seats. The player will earn up to 10,000 points based on how big the fire is.
|Number of failures||Stars||Rewards|
|2||1||1 item, 100 YTPs|
|1||2||3 items, 200 YTPs|
|0||3||3 items, 300 YTPs|
- Revealed in Field Trip demo, this is the first field trip to be made.
- The renewed field trip was actually harder while mystman12 was testing V0.3.
- This field trip has been the first (and so far only) time that multiplication and division problems have been implemented.
- The sound of the explosion was taken from Warner Bros..
- Prior to V0.3, even if the player was in the dust cloud, Baldi could find them because the player constantly made noise by themselves and Baldi kept hearing it.
- However, in the farm field trip, the player did not make a noise. Therefore, if they hide in the dust cloud before Baldi appears, he would not move at all.
- In Field Trip demo, Arts and Crafters can steal the player's logs upon contact.
- When Field Trip demo was first released before the next update, the forest "wall" textures were not added, exposing more of the dark skies. The "NO" signs were not implemented as well.
- From Field Trip demo and Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, Baldi spawns on top of the campfire once the fire goes out. In Baldi's Basics Plus, prior to V0.3, he spawned next to the campfire.
- In V1.0 of the Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, there is an error showing Baldi in his farmer outfit when spawned. It was fixed in V1.1.
|*Crickest chirping* (unused caption)||An outdoor ambience in which crickets chirping can be heard in the environment. Prior to V0.3, its audio would get slower the dimmer the campfire got.|
|N/A||When all campfires have right answers.|
|When there are campfires with the incorrect group of logs.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping
- "The current difficulty is actually easier than what I initially had it at, and I toned it down after receiving some feedback from testers. It lasted nearly two minutes before and even had problems going up to the hundreds! I'll definitely continue to balance it. I do want to make sure it's decently challenging though and not just a free way to get three top tier items." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
|About page • Category|