|“||Let's go camping!||”|
Camping takes place at around midnight, with the tent surrounded by mountains and evergreen trees. Baldi will guide the Player about how the field trip works. Each campfire will have different number which is the answer to each equation problem. The logs that will fall to campfire have math questions each.
The Player needs to switch the campfires to correct logs and match the equations with their correct answers.
There are 3 campfires at the beginning, but after completing the 6th set, another campfire is added, so the Player needs to solve 4 questions correctly.
If the Player inputs the logs incorrectly, they will lose one star. If the total number of logs is smaller than the campfire's number, the fire burns out and if it is bigger, the fire becomes too huge.
After solving 10 sets of questions and at least one star left, a message appears in a chalkboard saying: "You done it! The fires are really warm! You've earned these prizes!". When failing for losing all three stars, it says: "You lost?! Try better next time!".
In the Field Trips mode, camping consists of an infinite number of sets. It will end after there are no stars left. Later, the division and 3-digit numbered questions are featured in this mode.
- In Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping, the camping field trip appears completely different to its updated version in Baldi's Basics Plus. The center of this area consists of a campfire and some wooden logs as a usage for seats. The Player must scout for logs items in order to keep the campfire going. Baldi will start his pursuit for the Player if the fire goes out. When the Player puts extra logs into the campfire, they will earn additional points. A few amount of characters also appeared: Arts and Crafters will charge at the Player if they go behind the "NO" signs for more than 10 seconds, and after a few seconds running around, he will teleport the Player (and taking away the collected Logs) near the campfire along with Baldi himself next to the campfire if the fire is already out, so Baldi will still have a chance to end the Player's trip quest as well. Cloudy Copter is floating in mid-air at the beginning, but after 30 seconds or more time later, he will descend into the ground and start blowing wind to the campfire, making it shrink twice faster than normal, but will vanish when the Player is near at him. It's a Bully, hiding in the tree, will sneak at the Player and steal all logs after the contact, although he will not move if the Player does not have any logs. Once he steals logs, he will flee away from the Player and not come back.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, the field trip remains the same as in Field Trip demo except with a few notable differences. This is also the case for Baldi's Basics Plus, but was completely revamped in the V0.3 update.
|Number of failure||Stars||Rewards|
|2||1||1 item, 100 YTPs|
|1||2||3 items, 200 YTPs|
|0||3||3 items, 300 YTPs|
- Revealed in the Field Trip demo, this is the first field trip to be made.
- The renewed field trip was actually harder while testing V0.3.
- This field trip has been the first (and so far only) time that multiplication and division problems have been implemented.
- Prior to V0.3, even if the Player is in the dust cloud, Baldi could find them because the Player constantly made noise by themselves and Baldi kept hearing it.
- However, in the farm field trip, the Player did not make a noise. Therefore, if they hide in the dust cloud before Baldi appears, he would not move at all.
- In the Field Trip demo, Arts and Crafters can steal the Player's logs after the contact.
- When the Field Trip demo was first released before the next update, the forest "wall" textures were not added, exposing more of the dark skies. The "NO" signs were not implemented as well.
- From the Field Trip demo and Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, Baldi spawns on top of the campfire once the fire goes out. From the full game, he now spawns next to the campfire.
- In the first version of the Kickstarter exclusive demo, there is an error showing Baldi in his farmer outfit when spawned. It was fixed in V1.1 update.
|*Crickest chirping* (unused)||An outdoor ambience in which crickets chirping can be heard in the environment. Prior to V0.3, its audio will grow slower the dimmer the campfire gets.|
||When all campfires have right answers.|
||When there are campfires with incorrect group of logs.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping
- "The current difficulty is actually easier than what I initially had it at, and I toned it down after receiving some feedback from testers. It lasted nearly two minutes before and even had problems going up to the hundreds! I'll definitely continue to balance it. I do want to make sure it's decently challenging though and not just a free way to get three top tier items." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
|About Page • Category|