|“||Does anyone wanna see somethin' cool?||”|
Beans is a 2D-drawn human with a big mouth with a big gaping, toothless, gumless lower jaw, which makes him easily mistaken for a toilet, a thin upper lip made as a black line, exposed gums and five crooked teeth on his upper jaw. He wears a purple and yellow striped propeller beanie cap, hence the name Beans. He has bulging eyes, crooked teeth, floating flat eyebrows, and a massive chin. His arms are short and has four fingers on each hand. He wears a sleeveless bubblegum-pink shirt, deep magenta pants and dark magenta pointed shoes. His chin appears to have some stubble.
He speaks with a distorted, echoing "mechanical" voice which can almost make all of his quotes difficult to understand what he's actually saying unless if the subtitles are turned on.
Based on the scaling of Baldi's ruler, Beans is about 6.15 feet (182.88 centimeters) tall, excluding his eyebrows, bulging eyes and helicopter hat.
Beans likes to "impress" others by blowing out bubble gum bubbles but warns the people to not let an adult see it, meaning that if he does it, he will get in detention, but currently in game he doesn't. He also enjoys rhyming, and is apparently very good at it. He is very honorable, being afraid of his bubble gum hitting the Player. Also, he seems to have some shame after he hits the Player or an NPC.
Upon anyone coming into his line of sight, Beans will spit a big pink bubble gum wad through any locations, mostly in hallways. Whoever comes in contact with the gum wad, whether it be the Player or another NPC, will be caught in the sticky gum and have their movement speed drastically reduced for 10 seconds. Upon getting hit by a gum wad, the Player will be vulnerable to pursuing characters, including Baldi, Playtime, Principal of the Thing, etc. The Player's inventory is also covered by bubble gum, making it hard to know which item is selected. However the Safety Scissors can be used to cut off Beans' gum if getting hit by the gum wad. It's a Bully and Chalkles are the only characters who are immune to Beans' bubble gum.
Beans can be helpful on occasions, as his bubble gum can slow riskier characters (e.g.: Baldi and Principal of the Thing) down. The bubble gum can go through doors and normal swinging doors. If the Portal Poster is placed, it can go through the portal as well.
- In Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo and before Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.2, Beans' AI is not majorly different but his sticky gum slows the Player down much more than usual and cannot be cut off with Safety Scissors.
- Beans was first made as a character for Padre's Baldi's Basics fangame. The concept was done by Malitschek (Jam).
- Beans is around 25 to 30 of an unknown unit of age, most likely years.
- Despite this, he is still a student who has been held back for that long due to his bad math studies.
- Beans has dyscalculia, a disability that affects one's ability to comprehend and learn arithmetic. This explains why Beans was held back for many years considering Baldi's school only teaches math. This information was confirmed by Padre Snowmizzle in a Discord chat group when asked if Beans experiences this disorder.
- In case Beans is 30 years old, he would be older than Baldi, whose age is confirmed to be 29 years old.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Beans is the first introduced character not to be made and one of the five characters not to be voiced by mystman12 (Other four being 1st Prize, Chalkles, Mrs. Pomp and Johnny) but someone else, who is Padre Snowmizzle.
- Beans's gum is nearly identical to the BSODA spray, although the functionality when touched is different.
- Since the V0.1.2 update, the gum does not slow the Player down as much, and using Safety Scissors on the gum is now valid.
- In one of Beans' subtitles, "gum" is misspelled as "gun".
- The Player is able to avoid Beans' gum if it is shot slightly off center down a hallway.
- In the game's subtitles json file, there are two subtitles of no existing audios in the game: *BUBBLE BLOWING* and *SPLAT*.
- Beans is one of the few features that slows the Player's movement (but not completely stops it), in which the Big Ol' Boots will not let the Player regain their normal speed.
- Beans' bubblegum will not hit the Player when the interaction icon appears on the nearest structures, like the Water Fountain.
- Like Baldi, Beans can also phase through BSODA.
- Before Baldi's Basics Plus V0.1.2 was released, if the Player activated the subtitles, when Beans says "Gum on the loose!" or "Oh no!", the subtitle used to say: "
Localized text not found".
- When Beans spits his gum at the Player while they are being charged by Arts and Crafters, the gum will disappear and hit nothing.
- When Beans goes to Principal's Office for the party event, his sprite will float in mid-air once he stands idle, but when he spits gum, it will shoot from the same height.
- If the Player is in Beans' hitbox, the bubblegum will not hit the Player.
|Say, who's lookin' to see a neat trick?||While idle.|
|One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, I've got gum for you!|
|Does anyone wanna see somethin' cool?|
|I skip all day, I say-I say, I skip to push the pain away!|
|Hooka, a-chew, I'mma chewin' mah gun. Booka, a-too, it's tons o'fum... Er, fun!|
|Hey you, watch this!||When Beans spots the Player.|
|Prepare yourself for something awesome!|
|Psst! Don't let the grownups spot this.|
|Watch the pro go to work!|
|Feast your eyes while I feast on mah gum!|
|Oh no!||After spitting the bubble gum.|
|Gum on the loose!*|
|I can't look!|
|Sorry in advance!|
|Huh, so maybe that's why they held me back.||When the gum hits the Player.|
|Welp, I was never here!|
|Hippity hey, look at the time; I need to fetch some more rhyme.|
|Skip away, skip away, it'll go away.|
|I'll be sent to the guy of the Thing, smacking my head 'n' causing a ring!||When the gum hits an NPC.|
|Time to bounce, time to flee, before they throw the book at me!|
|They're gonna be so mad at me, I'm so sorry!|
|*SPITS GUM*||When Beans spits the bubble gum.|
- "Fun fact, as well: Beans was a character whipped up for a spoof Baldi fangame idea way back when. I would like to give credit where credit is due, though, and say that @malitschek was my main man in the first few iterations of Beans. Without JAM, the concept wouldn't even exist!" - Padre Snowmizzle. March 15, 2020. Twitter
- "Beans' age is in the ballpark of 25-30." - Padre Snowmizzle. August 7, 2020. Twitter
- "He is indeed a student still, just held back for *that* long for constantly sucking at math, lol. - Padre Snowmizzle. August 8, 2020. Twitter
- "To be quite frank, I had no clue that word remotely existed until you mentioned it but sure, lmao. Beans can do great with English, and to an extend, Drama. But because Baldi's school only teaches math, the dude's screwed" - Padre Snowmizzle. August , 2020. Discord
- "In case it ain't obvious enough yet: yep, I made a character for Baldi's Basics. He's the gum-chewing, held-back, skipping spunk we all know and love: Beans. My thanks go out to @mystman12!" - Padre Snowmizzle. March 15, 2020. Twitter
|About Page • Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters • Comic-Exclusive Characters • Category|
|Italic: Unreleased, *: Non-Plus exclusive, **: Only mentioned|