- For other uses, see Baldi (disambiguation).
- For the object it can be used on, see Tape Player.
Baldi's Least Favorite Tape appears to be a clear but colorful cassette tape, with two reels with one of them storing the actual tape. To the right of them, there are gray pieces, which would contain all of the parts that the tape feeds through and onto the other reel.
It can be used to deter Baldi away and make him unable to hear any sound for 30 seconds by making an annoying noise that Baldi absolutely despises. The item will disappear from the player's inventory once the player inserts the tape into the tape player, which is located in the Principal's office. This is especially useful if the player is in detention, as that is when the player is usually the most vulnerable to getting caught by Baldi especially at 99 seconds.
However, Baldi may enter the Principal's office while the sound is playing if Baldi decides to head to the office while wandering around.
The tape can be only found in faculty rooms.
- Endless Mode - Medium
- In Baldi's Basics Classic, it is found in the faculty room that connects with another faculty room.
- In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, it can randomly be found in presents or Crazy Item machines.
- In Baldi's Basics - Field Trip demo: Camping, the item is obtained when successfully completing the demo, along with the BSODA and the Energy Flavored Zesty Bar. Although, the player cannot use the items as the demo skips to the Kickstarter promotion ending.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, the item is found in the faculty room where Gotta Sweep spawns.
- The tape's sprite is edited after the Memorex DBS 60.
- mystman12 held a poll about the most favorite item out of four items and this item got the most amount of votes.
- The sound the tape makes varies in pitch when the player moves due to the Doppler effect.
- Using this item during the party event will make Baldi freeze unless he sees the player.
- Baldi's Basics Classic
- Baldi's Least Favorite Tape is the item that has gone through the most name changes.
- It was simply called "Tape" in the first version of the game.
- In V1.1, it was renamed to "Baldi Anti Hearing and Disorienting". The name was changed probably so players could understand its purpose.
- In V1.3, the word "Tape" was added to make the combined name, "Baldi Anti Hearing and Disorienting Tape". This name is still used in Baldi's Basics Classic and Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash.
- It was finally renamed "Baldi's Least Favorite Tape" since Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo to make its mechanic more obvious.
- In V1.0, the tape was originally found in the faculty room next to the Principal's office instead in the Faculty Room merged with another one.
- "Keep in mind, with the tape, Baldi may still enter the principal's office by chance. This is especially likely to happen if he was already heading towards detention. When he passes by the room, he may randomly decide to enter, even if he doesn't actually remember you were in there." - Basically Games' comment on Report bugs here! post
- "Since I've never doing a poll before... I'mma gonna try it! Which one of the four *least* popular #BaldisBasics items is your *most* favorite?" - mystman12. June 29, 2018. Twitter
|About Page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee