- For other uses, see Baldi (disambiguation).
|“||Experience randomly generated chaos!||”|
Baldi's Basics Plus, abbreviated as BB+, formerly known as Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning and Baldi's Basics, is a full game of the series, with 1999-throwback, horror-type, surrealistic edutainment elements, created by Basically, Games!.
On July 24, 2018, a Kickstarter was launched, made to have Baldi's Basics series' full game. After the game's Kickstarter successfully reaches over above $50,000 goals ($61,375 by 2,176 backers), the full game itself started its development and scheduled to be released in early 2020.
It is confirmed that the full game has the original Schoolhouse as a towering building called Super Schoolhouse (referencing the children's book series Wayside School) with the a usage of an elevator, over currently 25 new characters (still counting) along with 10 returning characters, randomly generated maps, new subjects, additional events, new items, field trips, and plenty of more new features. It is also confirmed that the item inventory will have 5 slots instead of just 3 while having a separated inventory to keep Quarters.
On August 12, 2019, an early demo was released to play some upcoming features included in the full game. The Kickstarter exclusive demo is available since November 2, 2019. It was originally planned to be released in October 2019 before October 31st to those who donated 30$ or up to the game's Kickstarter.
The initial launch cost is US$10, but the price will be increased as the game is developed.
The Mac OS version would have a delay to release, as there was a bug that made the game unplayable on a Mac. However, after fixing the issue, the launch was also supported for Macs.
Baldi's Basics Plus enters early access June 12, 2020!
- Check below for more info on the current state of the game!
Baldi's Basics Plus is like the original game, but PLUS! The same cruddy edutainment horror type parody theme is back, but with hugely expanded gameplay features, including procedurally generated levels, field trip minigames, crazy random events, PLUS more characters, more items, and more chaos!
- This game is not what it seems...
Baldi's Basics Plus is a survival horror roguelite that parodies cheap 90's edutainment and never takes itself too seriously. You will encounter strange characters, find useful items, go on field trips and more as you explore Baldi's ever changing super schoolhouse, and as you explore the game itself, you'll start to realize it is not what it seems...
So, what exactly do you do in this game? You collect notebooks while playing hide and seek with Baldi! Sounds easy right? Wrong. Baldi can hear many of your actions, and he uses those sounds to try and find you. He's also invited many friends to come and play, who can cause a lot of trouble. Get to know them though and you can use them to your advantage! You'll also find lots of items scattered around the school. These are the key to success. Use them wisely if you want to have a chance at beating Baldi!
- Near infinite replayability
Baldi's Basics Plus randomizes so many different things, every time you play will be a different experience!
- Procedurally generated levels - The levels change every time you play! Not only will the layout change, but the types of rooms and obstacles, you find will change too!
- Random events - One moment everything is fine, the next the school is flooding, or fills with fog! Random events can begin at any moment, so make sure you're ready for them!
- Mixing and matching characters - Each time you play, you'll get to see random combination of characters.
All these variables add up to make each playthrough a unique experience!
- Lots of ways to play
Baldi's Basics Plus features many different modes to test players in different ways!
- Main Mode - Complete a series of randomly generated levels to win! Run out of lives and you'll have to start over.
- Endless Mode - See how many notebooks you can collect before being caught by Baldi! Compete by playing on pre-made levels, or go crazy and try playing on a randomly generated one.
- Challenge Mode - As you play more of the Main Mode, you'll unlock challenges! Challenges offer unique scenarios you won't find in the main game. One might have you sneaking around the school to avoid being seen by the Principal of the Thing, another might have both you and Baldi running at super high speeds!
- Field Trips Mode - Play field trips found in the main game whenever you like! You can try to set high scores, or just practice!
Pulling "the game is not what it seems" gimmick, the main inspiration of Baldi's Basics Plus is '90s edutainment game genre which includes titles (such as Sonic's Schoolhouse, I.M. Meen, 3D Dinosaur Adventure, etc.), with the maze-like location based on Windows 95 3D Maze Screensaver, and few art-styles and themes referencing the work of PilotRedSun, a YouTuber known for creating weirdly surrealistic animation videos. Its roguelike elements for randomly generated levels are inspired by the 1991 Sega Genesis game ToeJam & Earl.
Besides items and environments, the surrealism for the styles of characters that appear as either 3D models, cropped photos, drawings, etc, with lack of stylistic unity are most likely based on the Cartoon Network show The Amazing World of Gumball that also uses multiple different variants of styling for the show's characters (hand-drawn, 2D, CGI, puppetry, stop-motion, etc). Either it's also the game's inspiration or merely a coincidence is not known.
- Alpha Development
- Early Access
- ↑ "Yeah, I've got a list of new character ideas! It's currently at about 25, including the original cast, and as long as I keep coming up with new ideas that list will keep growing!" - mystman12. July 29, 2018. Twitter
- ↑ "The initial price will be US$10. I plan on increasing it a few times as the game develops." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
- ↑ "Update: I've figured out what is causing the issue on Mac! I should be able to come up with a workaround and re-add Mac support soon. ... The issue is just that, for some reason, the Mac OS build of the game is unplayably slow. It runs at less than 1 FPS on my 2014 Macbook Pro and crashes on my brother's older Macbook. The Windows and Linux versions perform fine, even on hardware less powerful than on my Macbook. Until and unless I can figure out what the cause is and fix it, I won't be able to release a Mac version." - Baldi's Basics Plus Steam Community Hub
- ↑ "I just realized that a lot of #BaldisBasics is somewhat inspired by Toejam and Earl. I've only played it a few times (Own it, but no one ever wants to play it with me), and really enjoyed it, and I think the ideas of a zany roguelike with lots of randomness really stuck with me." - mystman12. March 1, 2019. Twitter