Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo is a backer-only demo for Baldi's Basics Plus by mystman12. It is only available to backers who donated $30 or above to the game's Kickstarter. The demo was delayed twice: Upon the early demo's release, mystman12 first mentioned that the Kickstarter demo was supposed to come out around September 2019, then around October 2019 before Halloween. Although the demo finally finished its development on November 2, 2019, the download codes that were supposed to be sent to the backers did not work out well due to surveys not going out yet. The codes were finally sent out on November 5, 2019.
Unlike the early demo, this demo includes three randomly-generated levels along with a new random event (Mystery Room), three structures, and a brand new field trip (Farm). It also introduce a new character (Chalkles), Cloudy Copter's returning, three new items (Dirty Chalk Eraser, Principal Whistle, and Faculty Nametag) along with other existing items, one new mode (Free Run Mode) and a new special room location (Library) upon its first release.
The second new field trip was planned, but its implementation was delayed three times, and ultimately, it was cancelled due to running out of time. The new field trip was then planned to be added in Baldi's Basics Plus V0.2, but it was delayed again and will be released on a version after V0.2.
- When accessing the pirated copy of the Kickstarter demo, a screen of a traumatized Baldi-like character will display. This is used to halt the non-backers or backers who backed below $30 from playing the game normally.
- The Kickstarter exclusive demo runs on Steam so when backers who backed $30 or above want to play the Kickstarter exclusive demo, they will receive a survey and then a Steam code to play this demo. This is to make sure the non-backers or backers who backed below $30 can't play this demo.
- The scripts for this game are compiled using IL2CPP which makes it difficult for modders to change the code and/or people to look at the code.
- For some reason, the pause screen adds 4:3 borders to the screen as if it's a 4:3 game again. Closing it reverts to the Player's resolution or selected resolution.
- ↑ "One final, less positive note, I unfortunately won't be able to get the new field trip finished for the Kickstarter Exclusive Demo. I'm really sorry to any of you who were looking forward to that update. The field trip will, of course, eventually be added to Baldi's Basics Plus, but due to time constraints I realized I won't be able to get it finished in time to be able to add it to the demo (And of course, once BB+ is out, there will be no need to update the demo). Every time I go to make a field trip I forget just how much longer they can take to complete compared to pretty much all other elements in the game, as they require more unique code, textures, models, audio, etc. than anything else." - Kickstarter Update #34: New Trailer, Release Date Announced, and Survey Reminder!
- ↑ "The first major update, version 0.2, will come with some new features, including the in-game shop that will put the YTPs to good use! It will also include a handful of new items and events, a new character, and a new field trip." - Plans for the rest of the development cycle!
- ↑ "No, there will not be any new field trips in 0.2. I'm going to focus on reworking the existing field trips to make them more fun before I add any new one." - Micah McGonigal. August 21, 2020. Mail