The Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo is a backer-only demo for the full game by mystman12. It is only available to backers who donated $30 or above to the game's Kickstarter. The demo was delayed twice: Upon the public demo's release, mystman12 first mentioned that the Kickstarter demo was supposed to come out around September 2019, then around October 2019 before Halloween. Although the demo finally finished its development on November 2nd, 2019, the download codes that were supposed to be sent to the backers did not work out well due to surveys not going out yet. The codes were finally sent out on November 5, 2019.
Unlike the public demo, this demo includes three randomly-generated levels along with a new random event (Mystery Room), three structures, and a brand new field trip (Farm). It also introduce a new character (Chalkles), Cloudy Copter's returning, three new items (Dirty Chalk Eraser, Principal Whistle, and Faculty Nametag) along with other existing items, one new mode (Free Run) and a new special room location (Library) upon its first release.
mystman12 also confirmed that the demo will be updated, and the second update is released on March 14, 2020. The update added two new characters (Beans and Mrs. Pomp) and some more new structures (Math Machine with Number Balloons, and a Drinking Fountain).
The second new field trip was planned, but its implementation is delayed two times. It will later be added in the third update on next week along with a couple of bug fixes.
- When accessing the pirated copy of the Kickstarter demo, a screen of a traumatized Baldi-like character will display. This is used to halt the non-backers or backers who backed below $30 from playing the game normally.
- The Kickstarter exclusive demo runs on Steam so when backers who backed $30 or above want to play the Kickstarter exclusive demo, they will receive a survey and then a Steam code to play Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo. This is to make sure the non-backers or backers who backed below $30 can't play this demo.
- The scripts for this game are compiled using IL2CPP which makes it difficult for modders to change the code and/or people to look at the code.
- For some reason, the pause screen adds 4:3 borders to the screen as if it's a 4:3 game again. Closing it reverts back to the Player's resolution or selected resolution.
- When looking a the code for Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo, the codes for the 1.2 version of Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo can be seen.