- For other uses, see Baldi (disambiguation).
|“||Learn with Baldi in his fully 3D interactive schoolhouse! ...Just don't get any questions wrong.||”|
Baldi's Basics Classic (or Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning) is the original version of Baldi's Basics Plus that was first released on itch.io on March 31, 2018, by mystman12. It was released on Game Jolt on May 27, 2018. Although it was partly but not completely a full game, it is available on itch.io and Game Jolt for free as a similar type of "demo", only consisting of 8 characters, 11 items, and only one subject (math) in the non-randomly generated Schoolhouse with no other big amount of features.
Soon after V1.3.2 was released, on July 24, 2018, a Kickstarter was launched, made to have Baldi's Basics be a full game with new characters, randomly generated maps, new subjects, field trips and more. The Kickstarter successfully reached his goal with $61,375 pledged out of $50,000.
The mobile version was released on February 1, 2019, for the Android platform. It has been mentioned for release on his Twitter and Kickstarter page. According to the responses on his Twitter, the game is free and has no ads. The game can be downloaded on Kindle Fire and Samsung. The iOS port is officially released on December 12, 2019. The game was released on Google Play and App Store on December 17, 2019.
Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning is a state-of-the-art, fully 3D interactive, fun-time educational game that teaches a slew of subjects! From math to spelling, you'll learn a lot! Meet Baldi's frien̸d̷s̴ ̶a̴l̸o̵n̶g̸ ̵t̵h̴e̸ ̴w̴a̶y̴,̵ ̶e̴͕̎x̴͉́p̶̜̈́e̶͉̾r̴̢͋i̷̲͒m̵̪̆e̴̬͌n̶̝̑t̸̰̏ ̶̟͊ẁ̶̲i̷̫̍t̶̡̉h̸̢̔ ̵̜͝i̷̘͊t̷͉͘ẻ̴̤m̸̗͇̋͊̿͑̃͊͜ŝ̷̳̜̬̃͛̎͝,̵̖̔ ̵̠̉̈́̽̓̃̑a̴̻̟̒̃́̋͘ň̴͙͉͖̳̺͌̇͌͠ͅd̵͉̒̍̿́̂͗ͅ ̶̧̥͉̬̹̬̾͐ĕ̵̗̪̩̒͂̏̑̕x̶͔͉͉͚̓͜p̴̧̡̛͇l̶͚͙̻̋͌̀̈͋o̸̦͍̾͜ȓ̵̝̯͍̑̂e̸͎̮͍͛ͅͅ ̶͇́̇̓͋t̷̰̖͈̻̖̃͘͠ơ̸̱͊͌̀̓ ̷̈́̅͜y̷̤͇̠͖̭̔͒̕ȍ̶͔͘͠ų̴̳̮̺̕̚͠ͅr̴̙̣̤͈̂͊͒̽̈́̔ ̸͚̤̟̥̑ḣ̴͙͙̦͍́̓ DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS GAME! It's not what it looks like! Once you anger Baldi, there's no turning back, and if he finds you... Look, just trust me okay? I'm warning you, if you end up playing this, avoid Baldi at ALL COSTS. Use the items sca̶t̷t̷e̵r̵e̴d̸ ̸a̸r̴o̸u̶n̷d̸ ̸t̵o̴ ̴y̸o̶u̷r̵ ̶a̴d̵v̴a̴n̸t̶ä̴̠́ͅǵ̷̡̖̹̼̌̑e̶͚͒̔̋̋.̴̤͔̜̙̎̀̀́ ̷̠̬͌M̴̢͍̻͂̎͜a̶̧̳̥͆͆̋͝ͅn̴̬̫̥̰̐i̶̻͊p̷͉̂̈ū̶̦ḷ̵̨̡͙̅ȃ̷̢̜͎̏͆̃͜ẗ̸͚è̴̱̞ ̵̨̖̤̓́̕͜ḫ̴̺́i̵̮̽͘m̵͚̜̘͆̅ ̵̞̫̂͋b̵͈̪̜̞͒̔̿y̷̫̿̾̽͝ ̸̰͙̯̺̏͑̔ḿ̶̡̃̒̀a̶̘͛k̴̬͎̼͑̋i̵͓͒͑n̸͓̩̝̈́͂͂͘ğ̶̦͙́̕͝ ̸̝͙͈̺̃̐ñ̷̮͚͔̍̒ő̸̮̼i̶̯͇̦̅́̈͜s̷̬͎̿̄e̵̮̠̯̽̎̽s̴̯̤̣̾̅̃ ̶͓̅̈t̴̺̹͎̙͆̀̓̌h̵̰̫͗͜ä̴̦̠͒ţ̷͓̤̞͑̍ ̴̫̪̞̔l̶͎̜͂̌e̸̥̋͊̎͘à̵̫͈̙d̴̬̳̳̃ ̵̰͑̚̕h̵̨̤̐͜i̶̛͇̻̱̅̌̌m̸̺̞͔̩̓̈́ ̶̨͕̜͋Á̴͈͓͉̜͌̕W̵̨̟̆̎̑A̷̰̒̈́͘Y̷̩̒͒̈́̐̃ ̶̬͈̯͈̈́̋͆f̸̭̻͚͐͒͜͜r̴̯̤͖͒͗͆͌͌̚ỏ̷̹̦̊̒̾͛̈́m̷̲̃ ̸̠̤͍̥͆̄̂̈́̈̎y̴̨̳̳͖̗̥̌͌̌̈́͝ǫ̶̧͔̯͓̿̉̚ū̸̞͍̯̱͓͓,̸͕̲̀̎ ̵̗̹͌̆a̶̜͚͉̽́̔̎̀͝ņ̴̘̜͖̱͠d̸͇̲̱͆ ̵̴̗̹̫͕̆̈͒͆̕̚M̸̲̮̜͊̓̿͝Ö̶̮̰́͌̚͝S̴̰̬̰̃̈́̉̄͘T̷̩͔͊͌̈́͂͛̑͊̃ ̷̻̞̰̳̗͔̠̒Î̵̫̪̯̹̳͊̑̽̊͛̓͑M̷̩̫̯̲̣̣͎̻̏̑̋̊ͅP̸̩͔̞̈͗̇̓͝O̷̭͛̑R̵̰͙̍̈́͗̓̂̾T̷̖̝̘͐͌̉ͅA̷̡̬̙͉̝̖̭̼̔̏̎̂N̷̨̨̘̖̙̮̩̝̎̿͗́̃̃͜eart's content while you look for all the notebooks! This game doesn't just teach education, it also teaches FUN!
- This game is not what it seems...
Inspired by creepy/bad edutainment games from the 90s, (Sonic's Schoolhouse, I.M. Meen, 3D Dinosaur Adventure: Save the Dinosaurs), Baldi's Basics is a meta horror game that's really weird, with no real educational value to be found. Collect all 7 of the notebooks and escape the school, all while avoiding Baldi. Baldi has many friends in the school that will slow down your progress and put you at risk of being caught, so learn how each character works and how you can avoid their attention. Find and use items to your advantage. Oh, and finally, try not to get the quiz answers wrong... Each wrong answer makes Baldi angrier...
Google Play/App Store
This game is not what it seems...
Inspired by creepy/bad edutainment games from the 90s, Baldi's Basics is a meta horror game that's really weird, with no real educational value to be found. The goal of the game is to collect seven notebooks, and then escape the school, but that's easier said than done! You'll need to learn all the ins-and-outs of the game to come up with a winning strategy and avoid being caught by Baldi. Learning how to use Baldi's friends to your advantage, wisely managing the items found throughout the school, and memorizing the layout of Baldi's school are all keys to success!
This game has two modes, story and endless!
• Story mode requires you to collect 7 notebooks and then escape the school to win. The more notebooks you collect, the faster Baldi will become! Simple, but very challenging.
• Endless mode is a challenge to see how many notebooks you can collect before being caught by Baldi. Over time Baldi will speed up, but each time you successfully solve the problems in a notebook he'll slow down. The longer you can keep his speed down, the more notebooks you can collect!
This is an official port of the original game, with touch screen controls! Check out the options menu to adjust them to your liking!
At the start of the game, Baldi appears, greeting and waving to the Player. As the Player goes on to collect the first notebook they will be greeted by the You Can Think Pad showing a set of three math problems, presented by Baldi. In the first round of the math problems, everything is normal. However, when the Player activates the second notebook, the third and final question is replaced by an unintelligible string of numbers, and Baldi's voice will become glitched and distorted. This question has no correct answer and replaces all final questions from the second notebook onward.
Upon getting a question wrong, Baldi will start to chase the Player, his speed being determined by slapping sounds from his ruler hitting his hand. It is at this point in the game that the other characters will begin appearing. The more questions the Player answers incorrectly, the faster the Baldi will chase them.
Once the Player finds all 7 notebooks, Baldi will congratulate the Player before he screams, "GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!", followed by a laugh. Baldi will now be moving at his fastest as there are no more notebooks, thus no more questions to get wrong. Now the Player must find four exits in any order. Once the player finds one of the exits, everything will become red and the doorway will become a solid wall with a school map on it. Three of these exits are fake, the last one the Player reaches being the real one they can finally leave out of. Before the player tries to exit, a loud noise is heard in the background.
This game was an entry in the annual Meta-Game Jam, and received 2nd place in the Meta-Game Jam, with Farfalle OS in 1st. It has gained high praise from its fans, developing a large fandom. The game has reached over 1 million downloads and is still growing.
Baldi's Basics has inspired aspiring developers to create mods (Garfielf's Guide to a Great Lasagna, Billy's Basic Educational Game, Cutman's Clues in Boo Boo Stuff, Baldi's Basics: The Old Laboratory, Knuckles Funny Schoolhouse, etc.), and lead the creation of games taking inspiration from it, such as Advanced Education With Viktor Strobovski, Baldina's Basis in Education Literary Grammar, Baldi's Basics The Ultimate Quiz, Coolguy Teaches Math, and Alex Basics in Biology and Zoology.
- It is rumored that the game was also rather infamous for being a difficult game, which took days or even weeks for someone to "first" win the game. The game was so difficult, even mystman12 had admitted to never actually beating this game before.
- When Baldi catches the Player on Mac versions of the game, the jumpscare seems to sound different.
- But, during the impossible question, it sounds like it does on all other platforms.
- mystman12 said that this version was a concept for the full game and not a finished product.
- In V1.3, the game was nerfed to make it easier, by making Baldi faster in the beginning but slower at the end, adding 1st Prize, the addition of Safety Scissors, WD-NoSquee, and Quarters being spawned around.
- mystman12 said that there will be no more updates for the original game.
- ↑ Baldi's Basics Press Kit - Basically, Games!
- ↑ One week in! More new features and creating characters! | Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning - Full game! | July 31, 2018 | Kickstarter
- ↑ "The bootleggers better watch out, because the official mobile version Baldi's Basics Classic is coming along reaaaaal nicely!" - mystman12. September 1, 2018. Twitter
- ↑ "Baldi's Basics Classic 1.4 will be the first version with mobile support!" - Status Update #1 - Getting started! October 1, 2018. Status Update #1 - Getting started!
- ↑ "It will be free and have no ads!" - mystman12. September 20, 2018. Twitter
- ↑ "I decided to release it this way first in order to get feedback from you guys and make sure the game runs well and has no major issues before going ahead and releasing it on Google Play and iOS." - Android versions released! Here's how to install it.
- ↑ "The original game is finished. I have no plans on updating it any time soon." - mystman12. May 9, 2020. Twitter