- For other uses, see Baldi (disambiguation).
|“||An Apple? For me? Thanks!||”|
Its sprite is a dithered but realistic 3D-model of a shiny, ripe red apple.
While having An Apple for Baldi in the inventory, when Baldi catches the Player, he grabs it from their inventory, then he stops moving for 5 seconds, thanks the Player, and eats the apple for 10 seconds, before resuming his chase.
An Apple for Baldi can be found among the leaves on one or more of the trees in the playground. The item is located higher than the Player is able to jump, so they cannot initially reach to pick it up. The only way to obtain An Apple for Baldi is to hit the apple-bearing tree using the Grappling Hook aiming at the tree trunk, causing the item to drop to the ground.
- An Apple for Baldi is exclusively found in the Grapple Challenge, on a playground tree closer to the weird message.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, only one Apple can spawn at a time on one of the trees in the playground location. Its sprite is the same as its large icon's but slightly different.
- One of the chalkboards state that an apple can save lives, which makes sense given the item's usage.
- Baldi liking apples is most likely inspired by the stereotype of teachers loving apples.
- This item is the most expensive item in the Johnny's Store, because of its power.
- Prior to V0.3, using An Apple for Baldi while he is chasing the Player in field trips makes Baldi's outfit turn into normal clothes since there are currently no sprites of Baldi eating an apple in camping or farming outfits.
- An Apple for Baldi's usage is basically an extra-life gimmick.
- Getting An Apple for Baldi from the camping field trip does not make much sense, as it would not make sense for Baldi to give the Player An Apple, if the Player's only thing to do is give An Apple back to Baldi.
- Prior V0.3.3, An Apple for Baldi was absent in Endless Mode - Random.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo and Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, using the BSODA on Baldi while he is eating an Apple will cause him to slide towards the Player and stay close to them until he finishes his Apple. The Player will end up getting immediately caught afterwards unless they finish the floor in time.
- In Baldi's Basics Plus versions 0.1.2 to 0.3.1, there was a bug where An Apple did not appear in the playground in randomly-generated levels.
- However, its position in randomly-generated levels seems to be underneath leaves other than on the leaves in Endless Mode's Medium option.
|*CRONCH*||The sounds that Baldi makes when eating an Apple.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
|About Page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee