- For other uses, see Baldi (disambiguation).
|“||An Apple? For me? Thanks!||”|
Its sprite is a dithered realistic 3D model of a shiny, ripe, red apple.
While having An Apple for Baldi in the inventory, when Baldi catches the player, he grabs it from their inventory. When he does this, he stops moving for 5 seconds, thanks the player, and then eats the Apple for 10 seconds before chasing the player again.
An Apple for Baldi can be found among the leaves on one or more of the trees in the playground. The item is located higher than the player is able to jump, so they cannot initially reach it to pick it up. The only way to obtain An Apple for Baldi is to hit the apple-bearing tree using the Grappling Hook aiming at the tree trunk, causing the item to fall and allowing the player to grab it.
There is a small chance of An Apple to be found in the center of the Principal's office during the party event, the outdoor area after winning a field trip, or in the mystery room. It is also available at Johnny's Store for 250 You Thought Points.
- An Apple for Baldi is exclusively found in the Grapple Challenge, on a playground tree close to the weird message.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo, there is only one Apple, which is found on one of the trees in the playground location. Its sprite looks similar its large icon's but it is slightly different.
- One of the chalkboards states that An Apple can save lives, which makes sense given the item's usage.
- Baldi liking apples is most likely inspired by the stereotype of teachers loving apples.
- This item is the most expensive item in Johnny's Store, costing 250 You Thought Points because of its usefulness as a one-time shield.
- Obtaining An Apple from a field trip doesn't make any sense, as it would be very strange for Baldi to give the player An Apple for Baldi, when the player can only give An Apple for Baldi back to Baldi.
- Prior to V0.3, using An Apple for Baldi while he is chasing the player in field trips made Baldi's outfit turn into normal clothes since there were no sprites of Baldi eating An Apple in camping or farming outfits.
- Prior to V0.3.3, An Apple for Baldi was absent in the random option of Endless Mode and the Grapple Challenge. Also, its position on the tree was on the leaves rather than underneath them in Endless Mode - Medium.
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- In versions 0.1.2 to 0.3.1, there was a bug where An Apple did not appear in the playground in randomly-generated levels.
- In V0.3.5, An Apple for Baldi did not spawn in all apple trees.
- In Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo and Baldi's Basics Kickstarter Exclusive Demo, using the BSODA on Baldi while he is eating An Apple will cause him to slide towards the player and stay close to them until he finishes eating his Apple. The player will end up getting immediately caught afterwards unless they finish the floor in time or have at least one more Apple.
|*CRONCH*||The sounds that Baldi makes when eating An Apple.|
- Baldi's Basics Plus
- Baldi's Basics Full Game Early Demo
|About page • Category|
Alarm Clock • An Apple for Baldi • Baldi's Least Favorite Tape • Big Ol' Boots • BSODA • Dangerous Teleporter • Dirty Chalk Eraser • Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • Faculty Nametag • Grappling Hook • Portal Poster • Principal Whistle • Principal's Keys • Quarter • Safety Scissors • Swinging Door Lock • WD-NoSquee