|Uh oh. Something is not as it seems about this page. It seems bad alright. The game has been detected with hidden deep lore, with possible spoiler details uncovered. Wait... Was it just a bug that happened regularly? - 99|
99 is a recurring number in the Baldi's Basics series, with possibly a hidden deep lore that has yet to be recovered in Baldi's Basics Plus' release. It is unknown if the number is giving a hint to associate with a hidden entity and/or the entire game program itself, or is just a minor symbol.
Baldi's Basics Plus
Blue DoorsAll blue doors connecting to the Classrooms, the Janitor's Closet, and the Principal's Office are labelled with 99.
However, the 99 label on blue doors cannot be found in the development build because all blue doors have red "DOOR" text instead of the said number.
Baldi's WaveBaldi at the beginning of the game technically has 100 frames in it, but since the first frame is named
Baldi_Wave0000, the last frame ends as the name
Baldi_Wave0099. This is proven by going through the game's files. If this is just a coincidence or not is up to debate, however.
In the Kickstarter exclusive demo, this animated image's frame number is reduced to 50, but the image still has
Baldi_Wave0099 as the final frame.
99 SecondsWhen the Player gets brought to detention for the eleventh (fifth in the classic and Birthday Bash edition) time and onwards, Principal of the Thing will always give 99 seconds for the expiration time. In Baldi's Basics Birthday Bash, a slowed-down "99 seconds..." voice is used in the Hang track for Glitched School.
99 on Baldi's Basics Plus early access trailerIn Baldi's Basics Plus early access trailer, the "99" number is covering the words "Get Ready!".
99 JumpscareA number 99, in the orange box that was cropped to resemble two eyeballs, has a 1 in 99 chance to appear in the game over screen and turn red and bigger with a distorted noise before crashing the game.
"THIS PROGRAM IS CANCER"A hidden "THIS PROGRAM IS CANCER" chalkboard written with a bunch of 99 scribbles is found outside of the Classroom with the red notebook. While it can be viewed more clearly with hacks, the chalkboard is still normally but very briefly seen while searching the last exit. This is also accompanied by the unusually fallen fences from the western Outdoor Area's right side.
In the configuration pop-up of versions 1.2 to 1.4.3 in Baldi's Basics Classic, the only listed option for the graphics quality of the game is "1999". It may also be a possibility that the story of the game takes place in the year 1999 as the game's fictional release date. This could be why Baldi is allowed to deliver corporal punishment, without getting in trouble, as this was seen as acceptable in some schools, in the past. With the world of Baldi's Basics being related to old PC games and having older computer game graphics, the number 99 may also symbolize the same year.
Though it may just be a coincidence, interestingly, many people in the world speculated around the year 1999, that the Year 2000 problem (also known as the "millennium bug" or the "Y2K computer bug") would crash numerous computers and cause world chaos, after the year 1999 came to an end. If this connection between the game and the computer virus conspiracy is valid, this would strongly suggest that the game's own world is coming to a glitched, malfunctioning end as if the Y2K computer bug did happen in the alternate reality.
You Can Think Pad's non-pressed "3" button file is named "
3-sharedassets2.assets-99.png". It is unknown whether this is intentional or not.
Rare Treecamping field trip, one of the trees in the forest has 99 carved on the wood trunk. It is highly rare to locate due to randomly spawning, however.
Farm LeaderboardWhen viewing the leaderboard for the time it takes to get to the flagpole in the farm field trip, all empty leaderboard positions are filled with Baldi taking 9999 seconds to reach the flagpole.
Red BalloonIn the Birthday Bash edition of the game, there is one rare red balloon that has 99 on the top side but flipped horizontally. This balloon is only located at the Outdoor Areas from Here School's left side with the "THIS PROGRAM IS CANCER" chalkboard seen. Since the SpoopBalloons are strangely referred to as balloons, the red SpoopBalloons that were more corrupted and glitched in appearance corresponds to the red balloon.
In the Birthday Bash edition of the game, the Player can find two more notebooks in the glitched areas to total up 9 notebooks, but the counter reads "9/9", which becomes number 99 if the slash (/) is removed.
The Player also can make the counter "9/9" on level 3 in the Kickstarter exclusive demo.
99 Chalkboardearly demo, there is a chalk-scribbled chalkboard with an erased number 99. The chalkboard is located behind the Rotohall.
In the Kickstarter exclusive demo, the time and current grade results after completing each floor are currently placeholders. The placeholder for how much time it took the Player to beat the level is 99 minutes and 99 seconds (99:99). This is possibly another reference to the number 99.
In the Kickstarter exclusive demo, funval is the name of the variable that the game checks for to determine if the game is cracked. If the value isn't 99 (which it isn't when cracked), the game sends the Player to the anti-piracy screen, unless if the files were modified and the anti-piracy screen was replaced with another scene.
In Baldi's Basics - Challenges Demo, if hacking the demo to show the name of the Stealthy Challenge EnvironmentController or ripping off the scenes of the Stealthy Challenge to look at its EnvironmentController, it will say "
EC_99_StealthyChallenge". EC for an abbreviation of Environment Controller, 99 as its seed, and StealthyChallenge as its LevelObject name for the Stealthy Challenge (The LevelObject controls how the random level generator generates its level). It is possible that this is a coincidence, though.
99 in the "Thank You" image
In the "Thank you!" image in the Kickstarter, there is a number 99 under Cloudy Copter. It is barely seen in the original image as the number has a very similar color as the background color.
99 on the calculator
In the clip about the college from the Kickstarter promotion video, there is a number 99 on the calculator seen on mystman12's computer.
- The music track "99" is also used for Baldi's Basics Plus' Kickstarter video, for the scene where mystman12 is trying to back hold laughing after the mention of "lore" possibly being revealed in the Baldi's Basics Plus. Then, he bursts out in a maniacal laughter but quickly cutting to a brief-limited shaking scene with Joshua Valent, posing as the character of Filename2 (possibly where the original, unedited photo of Filename2 came from) accompanying with a loud industrial noise.
- Additionally, the chalkboard in Baldi's Basics Classic that has the number "99" written all over it, is hidden (similar to how the alternate ending of the game starts nearby the hidden location, as well as the character Filename2 in general). The quote on this hidden chalkboard reads "THIS PROGRAM IS CANCER", and as known by Filename2's speech during the alternate ending, Filename2 wants the Player to "destroy the game". With this, it's possible that Filename2 was responsible for the writing on this chalkboard, and possibly, other instances of the number "99" showing up in the game.
- One more thing that's worth noting is the fact that the name of the sound file for the "99 jumpscare" game over screen is "ohno", the same spelling shows up in the name for Arts and Crafters' charging pose in the game's files, "
Crafters_Ohno". Other filename is The Test's connected body sprite, which is named as "
- mystman12's deleted BaldiComic has September 3, 1999, as the account's "birth date".
- On Kickstarter, donating over $99 will be rewarded with a limited edition box.
- On the packaging of some Baldi's Basics action figure items, the number 99 can be seen.
- 99 is deliberately corrupted in some versions. A prime example would be Birthday Bash, where the ending consists of SpoopBalloons with the number 99 on them. Additionally, adding all balloon numbers together correctly and putting them together will also equal 99.
- Anim8or, (the program, that used for modeling 3D characters in game) is released in July 20, 1999.
- It's possible that the 99 gag is referencing the north american release date of the Sega Dreamcast, 9/9/1999.
- ↑ Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning Kickstarter Video - 2:44
- ↑ "the account. Still, it's strange to think a few hundred people saw those comics. I'll probably release the strips at some point, but not any time soon. Here's a picture of what the account looked like though, in all it's insane Baldi glory! :P The banner is made up of snippets..." - mystman12. March 22, 2018. Twitter
- ↑ "This tier is just like the $70 tier, but instead of the normal big box, you'll get a limited edition box that uses the original game's artwork!" - Kickstarter campaign section